Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

messed up my idm mod kind of

712 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DcMoore999 
#1 ·
well I just wondered if anyone else did this.I ordered the resistors from digikey and got my idm tore apart and got it soldered in no problem.Go to start it and no start.Take it back in and rdo connections and try again ,nothing.Pull that resistor out and try another and still no go.So I get back on here and find the link to the mod and check the numbers.I bought the 75.0 resistors and was suppose to get the 75.0k resistors :doh: . So there is obviously a big difference between 75 and 75,000 so my bad.Now because of the holiday weekend I have to wait till tuesday before my order for the right one gets processed and no truck till thursday when I get the right ones.Just wondered if anyone else goofed like this.I'm gonna try to borrow my buddys obs idm since his motor is out anyway.I should also add that the idm box has a hole in the back of it due to corrosion.So silicon is gonna hopefully seal it up and I'm gonna try to relocate it to a better spot in the engine compartment.

#3 ·

The corroded back side of my idm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.