new turbo - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
"size does matter"

new turbo

well, just got finished installing my new garrett turbo and took it for a test drive. didn't get on it hard, just wanted to warm her up and check for leaks. i am very happy with the throttle response, but will wait until tomorrow to see how everything else acts. the only thing that concerns me, which i think might be normal is the whistling (or such) sound coming from the turbo. sounds like a supercharger winding up, so i am pretty sure it is normal. just wanted to run it by yall to see what would be said. plus, i am pretty deaf, so the sound could have been there on the stock turbo and i didn't notice before, but now listing for sounds out of the ordinary. i am sure i am not the only one who gets paranoid after a mod on their baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Texas7.3

Re: new turbo

which one did you put in by the way?

02' f-350 8-inch lift 40's 5" exhaust, 6 position chip from david at DI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chris
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
"size does matter"

the garrett 38R power max was the model i believe. it's the 1.0 turbine with the 88mm compressor wheel.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:59 AM
PSN Veteran

That whine is normal for most of them.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 11:33 AM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

^^^^ WTF???

Oh and yeah the 38r is a lot loader than the stock turbo. You will get used to it. I dont even notice mine anymore but everyone else does

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 PM
A Ghost these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiabobby View Post
Dalvik Turbo virtual machine replaces the Dalvik virtual machine, which is part of the Android SDK. Myriad says that Dalvik Turbo will allow applications to run three times faster without consuming more system memory. That means developers can create richer, more complex applications. The Dalvik Turbo VM will also help conserve battery life and will allow for richer graphics.
The company will be showing its technology off at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week. Stay tuned for our coverage from the show floor.
This guy had a wacky ass post about water earlier....

To the OP, the sound of the 38R is normal. Im glad you like it.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
"size does matter"

love the new turbo!!! i think i need to adjust my waste gate though. feels like it is opening around 25 psi of boost.

'02 F250 superduty 7.3L psd, BTS TRANS, beans stage 1 single shot injectors, T/S 6 position chip (tuned by cale), stealth stage 1 HPOP, garrett power max turbo, banks intercooler, CAI, AIH deleted, bully dog 4" turbo back exhaust, Boost Relief Valve +
TS chip - stock, 60 tow, 90 tow, 100 daily driver, 140 performance, high idle.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 03:54 AM
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99

where did you get the turbo?

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
"size does matter"

i got it from riley industries at dieselsite.com. i already called them and asked if they know what they come preset at, and was told they are usually pretty loose from garett (anywhere from 25-30 pounds typically).

'02 F250 superduty 7.3L psd, BTS TRANS, beans stage 1 single shot injectors, T/S 6 position chip (tuned by cale), stealth stage 1 HPOP, garrett power max turbo, banks intercooler, CAI, AIH deleted, bully dog 4" turbo back exhaust, Boost Relief Valve +
TS chip - stock, 60 tow, 90 tow, 100 daily driver, 140 performance, high idle.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:33 PM
PSN Newb

i did some reserch and alot of people are turning theres in about 6 full turns and i think tha twill open up around 35 psi. thats what im gonna do tomorrow when i install mine overnoghting it from xdp and cant wait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode