anyone have engine pics h2e qssb? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Village Idiot

anyone have engine pics h2e qssb?

I was looking for an engine compartment shot of an h2e or modded qssb
from the front driverside, thanks

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Village Idiot

Re: anyone have engine pics h2e qssb?

kinda like the middle engine pic in the ccv re-route thread page 2
only an h2e not an e99 turbo.

2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:57 PM
All done now

Crappy cell phone pic of my H2E

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:08 PM
HP Junky

This is a customers underhood, 00Rich, WOP GQSSB

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Village Idiot

dang that is a pretty decent shot for a cell phone..
even have the e99 water coolant line still (goes around belt not through it.)
seems like the h2e's don"t come w air intake tubes so I was trying to see what i'd be in for. I have a plan on rerunning the ccv to a filtered res but returning it back to its legal location, just minus some oil.

do the kits come with new IC tubes?
and is that a reg return in that pic rockin

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Death Row Inmate #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
dang that is a pretty decent shot for a cell phone..
even have the e99 water coolant line still (goes around belt not through it.)
seems like the h2e's don"t come w air intake tubes so I was trying to see what i'd be in for. I have a plan on rerunning the ccv to a filtered res but returning it back to its legal location, just minus some oil.

do the kits come with new IC tubes?
and is that a reg return in that pic rockin
when my buddy did his H2E on his E99 it came with IC tubes, intake tube, downpipe, everything. On his the downpipe didn't fit very good and one of the IC tubes didn't fit worth a darn either. not sure why b/c it seems like everyone elses fits right, but he ended up using one of his stock IC pipes b/c the Hypermax pipe sucked so bad.

Travis
1995 F-250 SC 2wd zf-5
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 06:58 PM
All done now

Yes the air intake tube came with the H2E kit. Yes it come with new intercooler tubes. The only downside, is it comes with a 3.5" downpipe. At the same time I bought a 4" turbo back exhaust system. The downpipe that came with the exhaust system is made for the factory turbo location. Would not fit on the H2E. You have to use the H2E downpipe. Would not have been an issue if I had known about it earlier, I could have had a 16" adapter (the H2E downpipe is also shorter than the factory downpipe) on hand. I had to run around and find a place to make one with only a down pipe for an exhaust. That was really loud.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 07:02 PM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch View Post
when my buddy did his H2E on his E99 it came with IC tubes, intake tube, downpipe, everything. On his the downpipe didn't fit very good and one of the IC tubes didn't fit worth a darn either. not sure why b/c it seems like everyone elses fits right, but he ended up using one of his stock IC pipes b/c the Hypermax pipe sucked so bad.
I do need to do a slight modification (single jack mod tool), to the driver side IC tube and the intake tube. They are touching each other, and the IC tube is touching the alternator. Thanks for the reminder. BTW, they are steel, not aluminum.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Death Row Inmate #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Yes the air intake tube came with the H2E kit. Yes it come with new intercooler tubes. The only downside, is it comes with a 3.5" downpipe. At the same time I bought a 4" turbo back exhaust system. The downpipe that came with the exhaust system is made for the factory turbo location. Would not fit on the H2E. You have to use the H2E downpipe. Would not have been an issue if I had known about it earlier, I could have had a 16" adapter (the H2E downpipe is also shorter than the factory downpipe) on hand. I had to run around and find a place to make one with only a down pipe for an exhaust. That was really loud.
On the downpipe we took a piece from his old moto blue downpipe to make the H2E downpipe work with his moto blue 5"..

Travis
1995 F-250 SC 2wd zf-5
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
DAMN THATS HOT!

question... So I have the turbo and the pedistal/oil lines/up pipes and want to run mine stock with my injectors for now.... What will I need to make it work as far as DP and y pipe into engine?no intercooler just straight into the motor.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?"

I like my trucks like I like my women... Fast and Clean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode