Cool Duals? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Cool Duals?

Whos got em? anyone have any pics? Thinking of going that route this time. How about sound? Being duals, are they any louder then just the single exit?

Thanks

2000 F-250 ext cab 4x4 6 spd. Glowshift gauges(egt, boost, and fuel pressure), PHP tuned, DIY intake. MBRP 5 inch straight exhaust with 6 inch tip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 05:36 PM
PSN Local

Re: Cool Duals?

I have them ,I think it sounds the same if no less loud , the only thing I do different is look at my drive sides window when im rolling the black stuff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e4.jpg (29.0 KB, 59 views)

TO MUCH FORD POWER!
2002 chevy Dmax PPE hot+2
1995 Power stroke .SD swap
Rangers lead the way
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Quality Built!

I got a set a few weeks ago and I love the sound of them with the muffler really good tone and rumble to it. I did notice a bit of power loss where it splits the exhaust just like two stacks splitting it is not a direct outward flow but it sounds and looks good enough it doesn't matter. I do have an issue with mine due to the fact of having a gooseneck hitch and its CLOSE

Justin (JD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 F-250 CC SB Lariat 4x4 Auto

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 PM
the stryker god

i hated mine, go with the stack setup. hell i actually have from the muffler back with all the piping if you might be interested
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Well Hung Member

def wouldnt do stacks, the only thing i wouldnt look forward to with the duals is scrubbing the soot off of both sides instead of one,.. but probably worth it

Donnie
2001- just the basics

2005 6.0 Studded, Deleted, 58v Swamps/PHP tuned Ficm, SOLD
99.5 hybrids, termy modded 17*, GT4294 TOTALED

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
PSN Veteran

the duals will be slightly louder than the single, due to 2 tail pipe exits and a slightly shorter muffler. They definately have a nice deep sound.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdecker88 View Post
I got a set a few weeks ago and I love the sound of them with the muffler really good tone and rumble to it. I did notice a bit of power loss where it splits the exhaust just like two stacks splitting it is not a direct outward flow but it sounds and looks good enough it doesn't matter. I do have an issue with mine due to the fact of having a gooseneck hitch and its CLOSE
What brand is your gooseneck hitch? I have a B and W turnover ball on my truck. It looks like there is plenty of room.

2000 F-250 ext cab 4x4 6 spd. Glowshift gauges(egt, boost, and fuel pressure), PHP tuned, DIY intake. MBRP 5 inch straight exhaust with 6 inch tip
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 02:42 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
i hated mine, go with the stack setup. hell i actually have from the muffler back with all the piping if you might be interested
Hey Bruce I might be interested,I am looking on doing duals on my truck. What set up do you have?

Thanks
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Need a ride.

I got mine more so for the looks, no difference in power versus the single but with the provide muffler, MBRP system, its sounds awesome. I always get nice comments about the duals, you'll be happy. Be careful, I heard of a horror story about a Diamond Eye dual system that was supposed to be a complete bolt on system for an early bird(99) and it didn't fit right, he had to get everything tweeked and welded on by a shop to get it to fit right. Just passin on some info.

03 F-250 7.3 XLT CC SB Auto 38R, S-B Intake, 4 inch MBRP Duals, Regulated Return, J Wood VB, DP Tuner, Isspros 3 Pillar, Terminator Scan Gauge, DS Coolant Filter, HPX
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Quality Built!

B&W hitch it seems pretty close on the drivers side with the MBRP cool duals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholt34 View Post
What brand is your gooseneck hitch? I have a B and W turnover ball on my truck. It looks like there is plenty of room.

Justin (JD)

2000 F-250 CC SB Lariat 4x4 Auto

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode