Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

now what should the hp ?

5K views 58 replies 20 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
What should the hp and tq be?
Just with 238ccwith200%nozzles and 38r

#3 ·
i think he should just put it on the rollers, theres alot of guys running 38r and 238's it all depends on nozzle, and tuning, i know theres a guy on here running that setup at just shy of 600 hp, so put it on the rollers n find out, are u tuned properly for the turbo and injectors?

#4 ·
I have the same combo just waiting to get my chip back from Tony so I can finally drive the damn truck!

I'm hoping for over 500rw but I think my fuel system will be limiting me, hopefully I'll do that next :)

#5 ·
are you running the 38r with a 1.0 or 1.15 AR?

#9 ·
Who is tuning your ride?

I say 550+ if you can pour enough water in the intake to keep it cool enough to make a full WOT run..... :eek:

Im no expert by any means, but my guess is that you'll be able to peg a 1600* pyro no problem. :D

I hope you get closer to 600 though. :bowfast:

#11 ·
600 would be nice but I don't see it happening with only a 38r for air

do you have water injection?

#12 ·
200% over or 100% over stock..big difference..238's and 100% over best combo for the street for you but your not gona make 600HP. Go to 300cc 200% over for that.

#13 ·
I think 238's with 200% over would be good for 600hp if you had the right turbo for it. A little 38r is not the right turbo for them big of nozzles.

The backpressure is going to be CRAZY high

#16 ·
If your not worried about towing, go with the 200% over nozzles.... Let us know what happens. :evil Im sure your tuner can get it all figured out. :D

#20 ·
whats the point letting that air escape?

don't you want to keep the wastegate closed? to keep all the boost feeding the motor...

or are you saying that with the nitrous added you could overspin the turbo unless wastegated, which would in the end result in less power....

#19 ·
Whats the worst that could happen??? Have to add another turbo? :poke:

#24 ·
Backpressure..... EVERY SINGLE PSI, requires horsepower to create. The lower the bp the better.

So there is a point with every charger when they are taking more hp to operate than they are creating by producing the extra boost pressure. This is likely the choke point (or very close) when the boost really stops climbing and the bp continues to climb.

You will still push a stock charger out of its map with the wastegate fully open. The turbine is too restrictive and gate is too small to compensate for it.

A 1:1 charger is the best setup possible, trouble is they are also less responsive. So your goals for the truck have to be known when spec'n the right charger.

#25 ·
Either get a larger turbo or go with 80%-100% nozzles.

What is your current config right now? Mods etc

What mods do you have planned to support this setup if not already done?

What are your goals?

#28 ·
Dude, You better expect some better times.... Obviously you have forged rods if your shooting for 550hp... Right?

I run lower 14's right now with PMR's and just a few basic bolt-ons. :D

Id be mad a hell if I had 550 some odd HP and didnt run mid 13's.

#30 ·
Ahhh. Gotcha!

#31 ·
You did check your rods correct? Other wise this is a moot conversation unless you are looking to add new windows to you block. I figure you did but you never know.

You will need the big oil like a Gen 3, stealth for the 200%, as I was looking at the same thing, and the fuel you mentioned. Studs, shimmed 910s, p-rods. Of course more air.

In looking at 238cc-300cc / 80%-200% injectors for my current build I was told by more than one person that the GT4294 was the min size turbo that could clean up 200% nozzles. So you are looking at a comparable or larger sized turbo.

From everything I have been told adding 200% with only 38R is going to get you all the negatives of the larger nozzles+ some and little to none of the benefits. You will loose some mpg over 80%-100%. Hotter. Smokier. Live tuning will be a must to get it to run smooth. Your air is limiting you. 238 is good for close to 600 from the results some have posted but you have to have the air to go with it. So go up to a larger turbo or you can always have the nozzles swapped later when you are ready to go to a larger turbo.

My bet is with a 38R you will get around 500 HP with 238cc/ 80% 100% and 200% and good tuning.

#33 ·
Figured that but would sure have sucked if they were not and nobody bothered to ask.

Still say you need to make a choice with either a larger turbo or smaller nozzles.

#34 ·
The bp will be high on those as well....
Your in the moodded h2e,qssb mod, gt42 rang if it was me....
Or moores setup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.