CPRx vs. Air dog vs. Fass - Page 4 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 06:21 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: CPRx vs. Air dog vs. Fass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyrkr81 View Post
Skip it... The AD2 looks like a decent set up that might actually do something for us if we're runnin a RR with it, but the AD150's and such are not designed for our trucks. They just adapted some pieces to make 'em work. They do nothing for us.

And as far as runnin an AD2 and a RR, you're talkin in the 1100-1200 range for those parts. You might as well build a top of the line kit yourself, or buy the CPRx if you're spending that kinda money.

Same experience.

My AD150 purchase ranks right up there with my turbonetics purchase...
Can you explain a bit further why the AD100-150 do nothing for our trucks? I know of some of the short comings but that has more to do with their choice in filters they come with and can be corrected.

We want a system that pulls out entrained air from the fuel. It also works great as a lift pump as well.

Are you speaking more that its not a good choice if you are looking at as in a stand alone setup? Where it the only primary pump and filtering?

We may actually be thinking the same things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 AM
<<< Power

Well, any elaboration by me beyond why the hell you'd want to spend 500 bucks on a fuel filter/water separator is purely speculation.

The AD150's and 100's use pushlock fittings, and feed at about 20PSI, a system that then takes the fuel and pressurizes it to 60ish right?

So the factory pump with approximately three times the suction power is sucking on a line with pushlock fittings.

From a strictly mechanically theorized standpoint, that just doesn't sound like it would separate air. Sounds like it might even make the situation worse.

It will not work alone as a lift pump. Beyond the possible ability to limp the truck home, IF you carry the hose to bypass the factory pump on the rail.

So... It's a 500 dollar water separator/filter base...

I have one on my truck, bought during an ignorant moment back when I believed everything the guy on the other end of the phone told me.

My truck smokes just as much as it did before it. I don't get any better MPG's. And it's noisy... Oh, and if it quits workin or blows a fuse I'll burn up the factory lift pump tryin to pull fuel through it...

There are much better options available, both DIY and marketed, than a 500 filter/separator base.

And I'm bitter about some of the things I spent money on before I found the "search" tab lol.

post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 AM
PSN Local

So are you saying that I shouldnt buy an airdog and leave the stock system alone? I have a RR that I got new for $350 from a sponsor here, I thought another $500 for an AD to support some hybrids was the way to go? Not to mention the removal of air, better filtration and water seperation? In your opinion with my situation what are you trying to suggest?

Early 99' F-250 Lariat LB 7.3
38r, 238/100 hybrids, head and main studs, 910's, DI pushrods, ported heads, matt's stage 1 cam, 0.030" over, forged rods, fully balanced, RR, 6637, 4" exhaust

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 AM
<<< Power

5/8ths pickup from ITP, or one of Aggies sumps.

Then run 5/8ths line to a filter base from NAPA with a water seperator/fuel filter, then to a faster/better pump than our factory pump with a 2 micron filter after it, then up to the RR on the engine.

post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Village Idiot

Sumps are not legal in all 50 ststes iirc

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode