Headlights - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Headlights

Hey all not really a performance question but I need some help. I have a 2003 superduty. I swapped out my headlights for th harleys 05 headlights from an aftermarket source. They have been on there awhile now. I'm using the heavier gauge connectors from sinister diesel i believe but dont remember exactly.

Anyway the light output has always been horrible worse then the 03 lamps they replaced and not being able to aim them has not helped.
Side light is limited . Im running sylvania ultrabrights. I dont want to blind oncoming traffic so haven't tried LEDs . I dont drive the truck every day. I have a jeep or my wife's charger so when I do drive it the lights really are sub par compared to the newer vehicles.

Anyway not really worried about form anymore I want legal function. I'm not expecting to be the same as my newer vehicles but anything would be better

Thank you for any assistance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191120_172409_1574303074449.jpg (5.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20191120_172402_1574303116164.jpg (10.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20191120_172442_1574303132162.jpg (9.8 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:09 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Headlights

My 2007 lights in my 03 suck also. My brother put projection housings in his 99 and they work great.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What brand did he use? I've seen a few options but not alot of detail

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 08:04 PM
PSN Newb

I bought AM projectors, use HIDs in low beam and LED in high beam. I also wired them up so all 4 lights come on when highs are on.
If you want brighter lights w/o buying new housings, use HIDs. LEDs spread light out to much for non projector housings and blind on-coming traffic to much. I also recommend going with the 8000k color. It's slightly blue, but cuts through fog and Misty rain better than pure white.

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 09:59 PM
PSN Veteran

Just some cheap projector housings off eBay. He did put expensive Hikari LED bulbs in them, with a bright box. Bright box runs hi and low beams together. They are bright as fk. He had HIDs before the projectors and its not even close. The LEDs in the projector housings are 5x brighter down the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode