Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Ts 6 position

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Whoknows 
#1 ·
So I’ve been thinking about getting a chip for my 95 7.3. I’ve been told good things of the ts chip, what are some of your thoughts? If you have one how long did it take to ship?

#2 ·
A Hydra would probably be a better option than a TS. You’re restricted with the TS to six settings, you have to mail it out to get new tunes, and from what I hear most places won’t even change the tunes anymore. The Hydra has more than twice the settings and you can upload the tunes yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I have one and the stock can tunes were alright. Gained me maybe a mile or mph on flat roads <60mph. Mainly got it for the high idle.
The downfall like what was stated above is that to have it retuned, it has to be pulled and set off compared to the hydra which connects via USB.
If I were to go the route again, I would get Hydra just for that reason. After about the 3rd time of pulling the PCM, I got the time down to around 10, 15 min to pull or reinstall the chip.

#4 ·
I agree with all previous posts. I got a deal on my TS, that's the only reason I have it. At the time tho, I was looking at a hydra or a flash tuner. DP has a nice one I found recently that I was considering when I rebuilt my trans but the budget ran out so I just sent the ts off to be reburned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.