New to the site. Needing a little OBS guidance. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Cure4OBS

Garage
New to the site. Needing a little OBS guidance.

So ol whitey is getting some much needed tlc minus the engine I’ll be building for it this spring. Just noticed my turbo is junk after the last camping haul. Grabbed the shaft in the turbo and had an 1/8” in and out. WOW. Up/down was decent but regardless let’s see what’s inside. What do you know the backing plate is screwed as well as bearings and both turbine and compressor. Could you believe I was still building 22psi! I scored a lot of free stuff. A perfectly useable turbo, a e99 spyder, and a 6.0 trans cooler. I paid $100 for the intercooler and a set of sd7.3 pipes and 6.0 pipes. MY INQUIRY: I have done the cuts for the intercooler to fit. Fits nice. But with that big trans cooler and already having bent the center support, seems like an odd fit for that trans cooler in front of the ac condenser. Also, I am looking at the kc turbo shaft kit. Upgraded turbine and compressor wheel balanced assembly. Sorry for the long intro but that’s that. Oh, and I have ebpv delete and pedestal, 3”downpipe (curiosity with bellowed pipes on budget) out of box ts6, newer hansers stock e4od, yada yada. Good truck but my 10k lb camper make whitey grunt. Then again getting dusted by a cracked factory air box before I owned didn’t help the engine any. Smoke till it’s warm. Any insight or?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode