Best Bang for My Buck??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Port Bogie

Best Bang for My Buck???

I am in the middle of several repairs and upgrades of my 2002 7.3L and while it is all apart I noticed my up pipes are shot. I see quite a few options, some expensive, some not, some SS, and others cheap steel. Any recommendations from someone that has replaced theirs? I think T304 SS is the way to go, but is it necessary? The bellowed versions seem a better idea than original OEM style. Has anyone tried the BlackHorse Racing set off Amazon, would you recommend it? What about Dorman? Some of the more expensive (xtreme diesel, sinister, riffraff) don't seem to be built any better than BlackHorse or Dorman. What is the best set of up pipes I can put on my 7.3L??? And should I wrap them in heat shield before install?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:36 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage
Re: Best Bang for My Buck???

I've put Dorman on a number of 7.3s, they seem to be good actually, of course, not to say no one else has had issues. I know you really cant go wrong with Riffraff though.

Heat wrapping is a fine idea, but I know you don't want to cheap out on the wrap or you'll have fiberglass fibers flying around your engine bay soon.

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 01:51 AM
Native Texan

Garage

check am auto parts they have a set for 99 I put them on a customers excursion. they also have 5 percent off using code MAY2019
https://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...-up-pipes.html
Heres where I discussed them. 10 year warrenty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:12 AM
PSN Local

All of the cheap ones are made by the same Chinese company. I literally have a truck load of scrap up pipes. The best fitting up pipes out there are the IH and BD Diesel, but the IH version has rather cheap bellows.

T304 SS is not a good choice for exhaust. I have no idea why people use them, but if you dig up metallurgy specs, it's not that great for thermal cycling or handling high temps.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode