New to the nation and new to owning a 7.3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

New to the nation and new to owning a 7.3

I recently have bought an 02 f350 7.3 SRW. After driving for a little over a month it has come to my attention that the truck was probably neglected in its previous lifetime, just cheap non oem parts used, I would like some suggestions on what I should be thinking about doing. By neglecting I meant sitting. Trucks from up north and still is up north. My plans are to address the oil leak in the valley, probably my turbo pedestal seals, inspect fuel lines because the passenger side one tends to be an issue for other people, rebuild my fuel bow (all new seals)l, new hpop lines(cnc fab lines) and the cross over line also. I’m looking to build this thing up over the next few months I’m willing to drop around 7k into it throughout the summer. Just need help getting my head around the 7.3! Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Ford Man

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
Re: New to the nation and new to owning a 7.3

Hello and welcome to the Nation. Probably be different opinions or trains of thought but the main thing is to address any critical items first and update/upgrade/preventative maintenance the others as time and budget allows. You can do a lot with a $7,000 budget so good with that. IMO, first i would change the fluids and filters front to back. IMO, use only Motorcraft filters. While you're changing the fluids in the front end, rear end, transmission, transfer case, address any leaks like the pinion seal, diff covers, etc. You wrote you were going to do the pedestal seals so...while you're there...address all the things you mentioned on the top side at one time. That way, you're not futzing around in the way of other things or having to take things off multiple times to have room to work. Look at all of your boots, too. Then would be a good time to change them out as well. Other than that, sounds like you're on the right track. Just my opinion. Good luck and welcome.

Wood's 7.3
Old School Strokin'
2001 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
Lariat, 4X4 Off-Road, Crew-Cab, SB, AT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode