99.5 7.3 motor upgrades - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

99.5 7.3 motor upgrades

Hi guys new to the nation but was always a 7.3 powerstroke guy. Bought a f350 SRW a couple years ago and have been doing upgrades and repairs as the time went on. So far I've put new up pipes, new GTP38R, 4" turbo back and a TS 6 position switch. I plan on doing an HPX oil crossover, an FRX fuel return, riffraff diesel banjo bolts and riffraff high fuel flow CVD fittings. What i want to know is what injectors should i go with for the bealst reliable and fuel efficient truck? Right now im getting around 12mpg befween the small town and small highway i live in, 15-16MPG would be awesome to achieve. I've been looking at FFD for a year now and have a lot of good reviews except a few reviews of bad tuning until and TurboJP760 just posted with a month long issue from them so now i have no idea who to go to. I am looking for max 400-425HP in high tunes. I was looking at either 180/0 or 180/30s, i will also be installing a BTS valve body within the month once i figure out the injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 06:12 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaxenator93 View Post
Hi guys new to the nation but was always a 7.3 powerstroke guy. Bought a f350 SRW a couple years ago and have been doing upgrades and repairs as the time went on. So far I've put new up pipes, new GTP38R, 4" turbo back and a TS 6 position switch. I plan on doing an HPX oil crossover, an FRX fuel return, riffraff diesel banjo bolts and riffraff high fuel flow CVD fittings. What i want to know is what injectors should i go with for the bealst reliable and fuel efficient truck? Right now im getting around 12mpg befween the small town and small highway i live in, 15-16MPG would be awesome to achieve. I've been looking at FFD for a year now and have a lot of good reviews except a few reviews of bad tuning until and TurboJP760 just posted with a month long issue from them so now i have no idea who to go to. I am looking for max 400-425HP in high tunes. I was looking at either 180/0 or 180/30s, i will also be installing a BTS valve body within the month once i figure out the injectors.
I can help you with this... getting bigger injectors is not a bad thing. If i could change what i bought before i even bought them I would go with 180/100 from rosewood. Even if the FFD worked great right out of the gate (which they dont). so having a larger empty percentage helps the truck hit the injection window better. When you can dump the fuel faster with-in the proper injection window you get a more effective and efficient burn with that shot of fuel. If you cant hit the window perfect you truck will still dump the fuel but it wont be as efficient. Even if you got 230/100 injectors you can just tune it down alot and it will run just as good as if you had 180/100 BUTTTTT, you have to tell the person burning your chip to everything you have. A good tuner will adhere to what you have and you will have injectors that will handle additional mods if you decide you want more mods in the future. You gotta remember that big injectors wont be fully utilized unless you have alot of boost, your truck will always try to keep a decent air fuel ratio on it's own so if you dont have the supporting cast of parts to move more cool air thru the motor the truck will only ask for a certain amount of fuel. So I guess the big question you should ask yourself is... is this as far as you want to go as far as making more power?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thats all the power im looking at making from now til the far future. This is gonna be my DD and reliable work truck so not trying to go overboard. If the tranny ever craps out (8k on rebuild rn) ill be buying a BTS to fully build it up and than thats when i might choose to upgraded but still never more than 500hp. I don't tow far (1-10 miles) but can have all diffent weights (12'-40' boats) as well as some occasional sled pulls or getting equipment unstuck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode