I’m doing mild upgrades looking for opinions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I’m doing mild upgrades looking for opinions

I have a 96’ ext 4wd lb with 160k. I mainly tow with it. Fully loaded the trailer is just under 14k. The clutch is done. So I’m going with a Southbend single mass. Wire harness is shot as well as plugs. Figured since I’m there I’ll do injectors. Rosewood 160/30 were recomended. Also doing Diamond eye 4”. It allready has a TS-6 with their canned tunes. Also putting in an edge cs2 for guages. The question I have is What kind of turbo upgrade should I do? I’m not looking to make something that will pull walmart in the low 9’s at a 1/4 mile. In the future i’ll be looking for a intercooler but for now this is what I have time and money for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Forgot I’m adding RiffRaff cold air also.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:48 PM
PSN Newb

Re: I’m doing mild upgrades looking for opinions

Not sure if you made up your mind yet but I would also consider 205/30's. Not that there is anything wrong with the 160s but depending on the condition of your hpop your icp might drop off in the higher tunes. The 205's will not be as oil hungry since it is a hybrid injector. As for the turbo I would recommend KC turbos. I run the 63/73 journal bearing turbo since I am manual. They also have a 66mm version but judging how the 63mm runs I think it would be a little bit laggy on those injectors. If you have the money the ball bearing turbos (tiger turbo, kc38r) are great options as well. I'm not very familiar with the obs fuel systems but switching to e-fuel might be something to consider as well.

2002 F-250 ECSB ZF6
FF 205/30's, KC 300X 63/73 .84, South Bend Clutch, CNC Fab 4 Line Feed, AEM 400LPH, PHP Tuned

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:49 PM
alleged moderator

Re: I’m doing mild upgrades looking for opinions

choices and suggestions are good.
but i would dump the canned tunes for custom written tunes.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode