Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Should I install a overdrive for the hpop

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Severeduty8 
#1 ·
My 99s Hpop is starting to fail and I plan on replacing it with a adrenaline pump,
I have 238/100 hybrids and the truck is used mainly for heavy towing. Would I benefit enough to justify the cost of both the adrenaline and a diesel site overdrive?

#2 ·
Sure you would! It’s the first I’ve seen so i don’t don’t know the longevity of one behind the pump but I can tell you the adrenaline is a fine pump. Add the OD to adrenaline pump would make it a stg3 (lol) pump? Cool concept but needs more beta users for me to spend that kinda money on it.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

#3 ·
Would I be able to do the adrenaline first then as time and money allow the OD, or would it make sense to do them together?

#5 ·
I guess as soon as the hpop tests bad it will get replaced with the adrenaline and OD. How hard of a job will it be?

#6 ·
The adrenaline should keep up with 238/100's no problem. I would just buy that.

#8 ·
What would my gains be with the adrenaline and then what would they be with the overdrive added on?

#9 ·
It will cause your wallet to be $1k lighter.

It test it just put it on your hottest tune after you get the adrenaline and do a wot run. Report back on the icp and ipr numbers. If you stay in the high 2000’s on pressure your good.

#10 ·
Okay thanks for the info.
My next issue with the truck is I have no comm. with the computer but I have power to the obd2 port where should I start?

#12 ·
I would call dieselsite and talk to them. They know their stuff and will help u make the best choice. Dan has helped me a number of times.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

#13 ·
Thanks for the responses. I think next week I’ll just bite the bullet and order just the adrenaline while the truck is down for electrical issues.....I’ve basically taken an educated guess that the hpop is bad based of what I know is happening, should I order a hpop gauge and test it or go ahead and throw a pump on it. It’s the original with over 250k miles, pulling heavy trailers full time?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.