99 F250 7.3 random miss - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

99 F250 7.3 random miss

This weekend I was pulling a gooseneck trailer and had mount tuner on heavy tow mode. I started to pull a pretty good hill and the truck all of a sudden, it was like it died for a split second and of course bucked really hard. It took right back off, but then did it again. I turned the tuner down to stock mode, and it didn't do it the rest of the way home, but I don't know if that was a coincidence or not. Just wondering if anybody has had issues like that? The truck has full force 180/100 injectors, ww2, powerstruck tunes. Has the hutch and harpoon mod done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 09:05 PM
PSN Local

Re: 99 F250 7.3 random miss

Your at the right place. These guys on here will star you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 10:23 PM
PSN Newb

Re: 99 F250 7.3 random miss

Sounds like it could be the common problem of the chip having a bad connection to the ecu, Pull it and make sure all the silicon is off the j3 connector(the thing the chip plugs onto) and if you have the means build up a bit of solder on all the pins on the j3 connector, this not only thickens it up a bit for a better connection but also makes it clear that the contacts are actually clean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode