1997 F250 HD - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Hurricane

1997 F250 HD

Hey everybody, I have a 1997 F250 HD that I bought a brand new off the lot. Over the past couple years I've been concentrate on getting the body fixed up and repainted as well as the under body and some of the suspension stuff. I'm to the point where is time to start thinking about what I want to do to the engine. It has almost 300k mileson it and runs pretty good. I've got a little budget to take care of some pre maintenance items or do any upgrades that will allow me get another 300k mies. Does anybody have any ideas what I can do to make this possible? Maybe a list of what I could start on and I would go from there just picking items off of the list. Full disclosure I've never wrenched or worked on this truck in the 20 some years that I have owned it. I've always taken it to two different mechanics who just fixed whatever it needed. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:19 PM
PSN Local

Re: 1997 F250 HD

Might be better off in the 94-97 OBS section, but...

What would your power goals be and what do you use the truck for? Have to have both these answers.

For performance mods that you could still tow whatever with, get the following in order:

3 pillar gauges (EGT, Boost, Trans Temp (if auto), Fuel Pressure (if manual))
PHP Hydra Chip
6637 intake mod or S&B intake or AFE intake
4" Diamond Eye or MBRP exhaust
upgraded valve body and maybe a torque converter (or full built trans) OR if manual, then just get a South Bend dual disc clutch
Electric Fuel sytem from Irate (not absolutely necessary)
Intercooler (not necessary unless EGTs and/or intake temps stay high)

After that, if you want more power, you can do a bunch of research on bigger injectors, bigger turbos, fuel systems, upgraded HPOPs, camshafts, ported heads, head studs, pushrods, valve springs, IDMs, and on and on and on...
https://www.iratediesel.com/irdie/7-...e-400-475rwhp/

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Ford Man

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Wood's Powerstroke
Re: 1997 F250 HD

Hello and welcome to PSN. Cool on the original owner. My dad has a '97 F-250 SC for his daily driver that he loves. Man, that list can be a long one. If you have stayed on top of maintenance and repairs, is their any reason to suspect something is amiss or in need of attention?

Wood's 7.3
Old School Strokin'
2001 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
Lariat, 4X4 Off-Road, Crew-Cab, SB, AT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode