I have a 01 7.3 powerstroke and just recently had to install a new engine. ( long story )
So in the install, I did some minor upgrades or had some existing items.
1. AFE intercooler pipes
2. AFE Momentum cold air intake
3. Wicked wheel 2
4. Complete 4 inch exhaust, with muffler
5. KT performance BELLOWED stainless up pipes
6. Diesel site intercooler boots
7. Riffraff stainless steel cross over pipe
8. The down pipe and bellowed up pipes have been wrapped with DEI titanium shield
9. DEI titanium turbo blanket
10. Turbo master mechanical waste gate controller
11. Edge CTS2 evolution 85401 edition. Which come to find out, it only has: STOCK, TOW, RACE AND EXTREME. Not very happy with this. It does not have an economy setting.
13. 6 inch deaver lift with 35x17 bfg
So the reason for my post or question:
Unfortunately the CTS2 does not come with an economy setting.
I have loaded the tow setting and the shifting is very strange. I used the race setting and it has a real HARD shift. Which I don’t like.
Which I don’t like nor do I think it will be good for the long term life of the transmission.
I am pleased with the performance of the race setting, but feel as if this is not good for the transmission, for just normal daily driving.
The tow setting does not seem to provide any significate improvements, in normal/daily driving.
Seeings that I have 4R100
“HD” transmission, would this be the reason I am experience such an erratic shift?
Can I create customer settings in the edge CTS2, based on the 4R100
Or would you suggest to use the SCT X4 Performance Programmer, instead of the CTS2 programmer and only use it for monitoring purposes?
( SCTX4 which is not for sale in California )
Any input or suggestions would be helpful.