Recommended Turbomaster setting? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lt.Dan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Recommended Turbomaster setting?

I apologize if this is redundant. Couldn’t find a clear answer. Installed a turbomaster and WW2 on my 2001 while I was replacing up pipes. Other mods are 6637 and Hydra. Did a couple of short WOT runs (empty) on both DD and 120 HP tunes. Max boost was 25. How high can I SAFELY set my max boost level? Or is that it? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 02:54 AM
Native Texan

Garage
Re: Recommended Turbomaster setting?

Found in the instructions for the turbo master.
SETTING BOOST PRESSURE WITH THE TURBO-mASTER.
As a preliminary setting, adjust the spring to a length of 2” as measured inside the retainers. You
will leave it at this setting if you do not have a boost gauge to fine tune the wastegate. If you do
have a boost gauge and would like to adjust to an exact boost number, take several small wide
open throttle runs in your truck, each time making adjustments to the spring tension until you
reach the desired boost. The Boost pressure is increased by increasing the spring tension. Boost
is decreased by decreasing spring pressure. A boost pressure of 25 psi is a reasonable maximum
for a stock turbocharger but will still require the DIESELSITE BRV+ to eliminate the SES light and
subsequent defueling of your truck. (anything over 24psi will set the SES light)
Hope this helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Touché. I did find THAT information. Just wondering if the Hydra Chip or wicked wheel 2 has any impact on that number.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 03:51 AM
Project Shamu

A Turbo is a turbo, doesn't matter if you sprinkle pixie dust into the intake at the same time, 25psi is 25psi.
tmsbandman likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 09:45 AM
alleged moderator

no idea what a turbomaster is, but my 02 regularly sees 27 lbs boost. i have a small pressure regulator in the map sensor line set at 21 lbs to keep the map from defueling the engine and setting an overboost code.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbandman View Post
Touché. I did find THAT information. Just wondering if the Hydra Chip or wicked wheel 2 has any impact on that number.

well we have no idea the tunes u have on ur chip. it is capable of more. u would just have to adjust and see. now will the rest of the system handle the boost who knows. the more boost u pump in the motor the more chance u have to break things. its up to u on how much boost u. just remember ur boosting a motor that was designed for less then 25 psi can it take more possibly can u afford the bill if u break something. I personally would be happy at 25psi but that's just me.

"Y'all have a wonderful"
"My name is Bob the guy floating in the lake with no arms and no legs"
Bob W Martin 1948-2014 USAF

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Got it. Thanks, gentlemen. Sounds like I will take my 25 and be happy with it. I most definitely can NOT afford to break stuff. Truck is already a money pit for the very limited use it sees.

I’m not trying to go power crazy. Just looking to make it as efficient as possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode