3Likes
  • 1 Post By ​ DieselDC
  • 1 Post By 2000f250
  • 1 Post By dsrace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Injector break-in

Alright guys so I recently pulled the trigger on a set of full force 180/30ís and a hydra with gearhead tunes (truck already has exhaust, intake, plenums, riff raff CAC boots, bellowed up pipes, 6.0 trans cooler, and will be getting a cts2 monitor soon). I will be pulling the turbo to put a WW2 in as well. I tried to find a write up on breaking in injectors but didnít have any luck. So, whatís the break in procedure? Also, whereís the best place to get the pedestal oírings? I will be doing the diy ebpv delete as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 04:35 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Injector break-in

Donít do diy pedestal delete - go buy one itís much easier and looks nicer.

Break in period - right foot nice and heavy one stop light to the next X life.

ďDonít overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..Ē
Zmann likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 05:20 PM
PSN Local

I did about 50 miles of mixed driving and half throttle pulls just to make sure I got all the air out the oil system. Once everything checked good and idled right then the fun begins. This is what I did it is not needed but it is up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
levi7.3rig likes this.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 09:32 PM
shade tree mechanic

the borgwarner sxe turbo installed when i changed my inj's, said to put 20 easy mile on the turbo. i was having a nasty idle issue also ( new adrenaline hpop at the same time as the 205/30 inj's), so i put on 20 easy miles ( per borgwarners instructions) with no more than 5 psi boost, then checked for oil leaks. looked good so i jumped on the interstate, set the cruise at 80 mph and put 100 miles on them. idle issue did improve but never went away. turned out to be power hungry's tune. i have 1 tune from 1023 and it took care of it. still waiting on my tow tunes from 1023 though.
levi7.3rig likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 09:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrace View Post
the borgwarner sxe turbo installed when i changed my inj's, said to put 20 easy mile on the turbo. i was having a nasty idle issue also ( new adrenaline hpop at the same time as the 205/30 inj's), so i put on 20 easy miles ( per borgwarners instructions) with no more than 5 psi boost, then checked for oil leaks. looked good so i jumped on the interstate, set the cruise at 80 mph and put 100 miles on them. idle issue did improve but never went away. turned out to be power hungry's tune. i have 1 tune from 1023 and it took care of it. still waiting on my tow tunes from 1023 though.

Yup I have tunes from cncfab that did that. Idle lopes only when at a stop. Bill at php took care of that.

I had new 160/30. Didnít break it in - wasnít gentle either. Got a new rebuilt turbo I want to try out!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 10:52 PM
shade tree mechanic

still waiting on revised tunes from power hungry through full force but haven't heardd or seen anything for a couple weeks. must be hard to write lol. there tunes are pretty good for towing but stock mode really isnt impressive. to touchy on tps. its an e99 so ecu isnt the best but still. went to single shot hybrid 205/30 so has to be a stockish tune lol i really wonder about larger split shots as in how they would compare?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 11:08 PM
PSN Veteran

Sometimes it will take a month. Well worth it though.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 01:19 AM
shade tree mechanic

i am starting to see it will take a month with them and almost has with 1023 tunes too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode