Stock fuel system with dual Bosch fuel pumps and hybrids - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Stock fuel system with dual Bosch fuel pumps and hybrids

Hey ya'll just checking to see if anyone is running the stock fuel system with dual OE Bosch fuel pumps with hybrids? If so have you had any issues? If you can list your injector size is and what PSI you see at WOT. The reason I am asking is I can actually pick up a stock SD fuel system and new OEM Bosch pumps for next to nothing vs $1000+ for a complete kit. Just would have to get a draw straw or sump (I only have one tank so no selector valve anymore). Would be putting it on my 97 OBS 7.3 with 250cc hybrids (really detuned right now of course lol).

97 ext. cab 7.3 4x4 - 3.55 gears, lifted 2.5" on all four, 325/60r18 toyo AT 2s, Built trans., upgraded trans. cooler, Rosewood 250cc 100% hybrids, T500 HPOP, Swamps IDM, DIY intake, 3.5" downpipe, 5" exhaust with 7" stack, Stock turbo with WW2, EBV high flow housing, EBV delete pedestal, Isspro gauges, TW tunes. 13.4 at 99mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 01:25 AM
shade tree mechanic

Re: Stock fuel system with dual Bosch fuel pumps and hybrids

been considering twin pumps myself. this is a good question but i guess the ones that have done it havent seen this post yet.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 02:28 AM
PSN Veteran

That's because nobody runs the stock deadhead system.....
DIY regulated return with dual pumps, if needed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 02:40 AM
shade tree mechanic

79 jasper .....i run the fuel rail cross over kit 7.3L Diesel Fuel Rail Crossover? (FRx) 99-03 Powerstroke and gutted the fuel fittings on the heads, or are you talking about the fpr with filter housing delete style?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 03:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Indeed.
Running aftermarket regulator with return. Theoretically you could keep the stock filter, but better to delete it and run spin-ons.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode