Favorite Source For Aftermarket Parts? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
dogpile

Favorite Source For Aftermarket Parts?

I've kinda narrowed down the manufacturers of parts I want (or think I want), cold air, 4" exhaust, chip. What's your go-to source?

Does a tune really make a big difference over stock?

Truck is bone stock until I bought it (month ago) and leveled up the front. Just my daily driver, looking for a bit more power, fuel mileage. Not going to be hard on the truck, no towing, heavy hauling.

Sorry for the ignorant new guy questions BTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 11:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Favorite Source For Aftermarket Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Small View Post
I've kinda narrowed down the manufacturers of parts I want (or think I want), cold air, 4" exhaust, chip. What's your go-to source?

Does a tune really make a big difference over stock?

Truck is bone stock until I bought it (month ago) and leveled up the front. Just my daily driver, looking for a bit more power, fuel mileage. Not going to be hard on the truck, no towing, heavy hauling.

Sorry for the ignorant new guy questions BTW.

Does a tune really make a difference? If it didn’t , we wouldn’t have so many tuners. Hydra would be a great start. Hearhead, phptunes, Jody Tipton.

Give riffraff, cncfab, dieselsite a try. I’ve shopped at all three. My favorite as far as small parts and hard to find parts would be riffraff. Clay is a great guy other there. Just make sure you order in one go or shipping gets rather expensive.

If you need a transmission from stock to wild: dieselsite, cncfab, bts, jw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
dogpile

I believe gains are to be had, I was skeptical of getting 80-100 hp from a plug-n-play unit though.

The php, from what I've read, seems to be the way to roll. The only reason I've not pulled the trigger on buying one? It makes me physically ill to think of a box hanging off my dash with Velcro. Maybe I can get a super long cable, mill out an aluminum insert and have it neatly presentable in the cup holder, just an idea, I can shut it and not see it. I know, I'm being weird and petty.

I'm a manual trans guy, so I hope this ZF6 lasts me for a long time. My wife has a pretty nice Accord, EXL, she said the other day she kind of missed changing gears.......

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:11 PM
alleged moderator

I run in a chip from DP Tuners. Without bigger injectors, 60-80hp over stock is all you will see no mater what tune you run.
As said, Clay at riffraff will usually get you the best bang for your money.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:39 PM
PSN Local

You can get a flush mount for the hydra chip. Look up Joe Oram on Facebook where he sells them. His forum name is CSIPSD, however I don't think he is on much.

Hydra flush mount - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:43 PM
PSN Local

As far as noticeable difference: with a Hydra, intake, and exhaust, you will feel like you bought a completely different truck compared to stock.

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
dogpile

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
dogpile

Ordered some goodies from Riff Raff today, you guys pointed me in the right direction. Great bunch to deal with.

What's everyone's favorite brand/type of 4" exhaust? Looking for something durable that runs/sounds good but not super loud. That would probably be a project a few weeks down the road.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 12:41 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Small View Post
Ordered some goodies from Riff Raff today, you guys pointed me in the right direction. Great bunch to deal with.

What's everyone's favorite brand/type of 4" exhaust? Looking for something durable that runs/sounds good but not super loud. That would probably be a project a few weeks down the road.

Diamond eye IIRC, is a good one but honestly they’re all so similar in price. Any 304 Stainless steel setup is going to suit you fine (from riff raff).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
dogpile

Thanks again for the insight. I would rather buy once, cry once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode