Banks stuff... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Banks stuff...

I recently purchased (Aug 2017) my first diesel truck which is Ursula. A 1999 7.3, lariat, crew cab, 4x4, automatic, short bed with currently 186mi. The place I got the truck from were not very up to date with what the truck had modification wise. I actually have enjoyed finding out about my truck slowly but surely since purchase. It's like getting to know that new girl you're talking to. Haha.

Anyways...I'm needing input on the Banks mods on my truck specifically. It has the E-brake, transcontroller, and the single tune chip with unknown tune. I think I'm missing something but let's get to my question.

I want to swap my banks chip for a ts 6 position. What issues if any will I have? Any feedback in general?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 01:10 PM
PSN Local

Re: Banks stuff...

Should not have any issues switching chips, just remember to unplug both batteries while doing it.

Skip the TS and get a Hydra. Never any down time when loading new tunes with Hydra. Search about it. Plenty of info.

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 03:12 PM
Caption This

I buy used Banks chips for $25 each. If you want to sell yours, send me a PM.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 03:32 PM

My vote is the hydra too. If you keep the trans command you might need valve body tunes.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Thanks for all the Input fellows. I have done my research and would agree hydra is the way to go. I have an opportunity to get a ts 6 for $100 locally and figured...why not till I can afford the Hydra? So my only concern is the different codes our trucks have for the computers. What do I need to do if the chip isn't coded to my truck? If so, cost?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Nothing?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 03:01 AM

What code is the chip burned for and what is your code? If they are not the same or compatible. It's $150 for a reburn. So $250. For another $75 you can have the hydra.
AJ Adorno likes this.

01 f-250, Standard
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Garage
Talking Re: Banks stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
What code is the chip burned for and what is your code? If they are not the same or compatible. It's $150 for a reburn. So $250. For another $75 you can have the hydra.
Yes. My pcm code doesn't match the one the chip is burned to. However, I found a couple options on reburns. Hoped I can get your guys opinion.

https://www.advancediesel.net/TS-PERFORMANCE-6-Position-Chip-REBURN-Order-REBURN.htm
TS Performance 6 Position Chip w/ Tunes
I'm just looking for a reburn to my pcm, not custom tunes. I don't have much done that would warrant the custom tunes I believe. List of current relevant mods:
-Banks exhaust brake
-Banks Monster Exhaust
-Banks Transbrake
-Banks Bighoss chip (Unknown Tune)
-Riffraff Diesel 6637 Intake Filter Kit
-Riffraff Diesel AIH Delete Plug
-Boost Fooler
-6.0 Blue Spring Mod

Whoever had the truck before me might have done something in the transmission but I have no way of knowing until I have to get into it down the road. I say that because the Transmission seems to shift rather smooth. But I have nothing to compare it to being this is the only auto 7.3 I've ever drove/ride in. Another reason is of all the towing modifications that were installed by the previous owner. He clearly wanted to travel long distances with heavy loads. I removed the 55Gal aux. fuel tank that he had in the bed. Plus under the truck is some monster sized steel fuel tank that holds 55 Gal by itself. The only gauge was a trans temp.

Anyways I didn't want to drop a lot on this chip because it's not going to stay. If however, it's suggested to go for the custom tunes regardless of my lack of performance mods, I might do the custom tune. Ultimately I don't know how long it will be before I'm ready to pull the TS out. Ideally Id like to gather most of the mods I want to do, including the hydra, and install it all in one shot. Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen that way

Thanks again guys
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:11 PM

Iíve never heard of advanced. Most likely just generic ts tunes. They are most likely junk, most people have weird shifts and high egts. For $150 just to use it for a year or so and toss it, seams like a waste to me. With the hydra it comes with a whole library of tunes you can run. They are what I call semi custom, they are wrote for your specific pcm. Plus with the banks trans command, I donít know how the tunes will react.

So what is the chip burned for and what code is your truck. Some pcm codes can work with other tuning.

01 f-250, Standard
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:12 PM

I believe if you call banks you can get a delete plug to remove the trans command.

01 f-250, Standard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode