2001 7.3L Power stroke transmission and tuning - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2001 7.3L Power stroke transmission and tuning

So I've got a 2001 7.3 and I've had a ton of problems since I got it a year and a half ago. Previous owner had a chip that was tuned way too high for a stock motor and I blew all the piston rings 4 months in to having the truck, put in a reman crate motor from Jasper. I've already had to replace both front hubs and rebuild the rear brakes. Now it's the transmission. I threw the o/d light last Friday and took it in for a scan, it's slipping from first to second and now in order for it to shift once I hit between 2000-2500 rpm I have to let off and then hit the gas again for it to shift. I'm looking at my options for new or reman transmissions, so far I've been looking at ETE and ATS. Only mods on the truck are a 65mm Garrett turbo, bigger intake, and banks big head actuator on the turbo.

Again I'm looking for reccomendations on strong reman or new transmissions as I do plan on continuing to upgrade the truck.

Also looking for reputable tuners, preferably in the SoCal area, but I have a feeling I'm gonna need to do email tunes.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 04:01 PM
PSN Newb

If you live in SOCAL and need a bulletproof transmission get a John woods transmission. That’s the route I’m gonna go when I eventually need a new one. And he’s based out of SOCAL. Right now I just have his valve body on my truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode