Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Coolant filter

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  HilhavenFarm 
#1 ·
Waste of money or not? Are ebay kits safe?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
​ DieselDC;6021186 said:
7.3 doesn’t need it but sure why not! Compare the expensive kits vs the Ebay kits - most likely the same with different filter element

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was just searching around. And it popped up. Pretty sure I got a pretty clean system after the last few days.... [emoji850]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I flushed my coolant system before adding a filter. The first filter plugged up in less than a day. The second lasted another 2 days. The third one I'm not really sure because I didn't check it for a while but I ended up changing it about a month later. Its pretty amazing how much crud is floating around in there. Even when you think you have it clean. I now change mine every oil change.

I don't think its 100% necessary but they are nice to have. I would recommend trying it and seeing for yourself how much the filter will catch.

#5 ·
I went with the DieselSite filter.Piece of mind knowing it is catching any particulates=$$ well spent.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.