New to the diesel game - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

New to the diesel game

Hey guys whatís up Iíve been lurkn for a few days decide to make a account. I just bought a 97 7.3 from a buddy for 2000$ itís a extended cab longbed 4x4 with a 5 speed transmission it just had the clutch and glow plugs done. I donít know anything about diesels other then 7.3 are basically the best ever made I want to know what my first mods should be air filter injectors ex. Iím currently deployed over seas so I wonít be driving the truck for about 6 months. Just looking for a start in the right direction thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 07:31 PM
PSN Local

Re: New to the diesel game

Two main questions that must be answered first, and we can better help you:

1) What is your intended use of the truck: Heavy Tow pig, daily driver w/ lighter towing, street rod, race truck or pull truck, etc?

2) How big is your budget for modifying the truck?

With these two questions answered, we can point you in the right direction without wasting time or money, and not doing things more than once.

P.S. May also want to copy this into the OBS (1994 - 1997) section, but we can still help here as well.

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 10:07 PM
PSN Newb

New to the forum and the diesel world so please excuse me if this is the wrong forum to post this in... so I just purchased a 97 f350 7.3. The motor is a newer motor with only about 80k on it and a new rebuilt heavy duty parts tran. With shift kit, has swamps Single single shot injectors, has a 99 turbo and a performance intercooler on it. My intentions are to do a interior swap eventually but I would like to know what would be the next top three things yíall would do for performance. Thank yíall, and looking forward to this world and this forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode