front end rebuild - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Rookie diesel tech

Send a message via AIM to evans735
front end rebuild

so i was looking for sway bar link bushing rebuild kits( i guess dont exist sadly ) and i came across a link on the interwebzz that brought me to this

and was wondering your guys thought on this. i mean the ball joints alone from napa with my works discount still would be close to $200 and this kit comes with the whole front end, and a 10 year warranty manufactured right in detriot. thoughts??

2000 F350 7.3L ext. cab, long bed dually, ZF6, 340,xxx miles
6637 mod/ egt and boost gauges/ PHP hydra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 02:55 AM
Trust me, I got this...

Garage
Re: front end rebuild

I was on board until I saw the price. I would never trust a whole stinkin front end package for only $223! You get what you pay for...

Shoulda bought a Cummins.

1997 F250 7.3L XLT, 4x4, 5spd, 315K, TS chip, BD Turbo-Thruster II, Donaldson 6637 filter, 4" straight piped dual exit SOLD

1995 F350 CCLB 6.0L WIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:08 AM
Project Shamu

Reviews on amazon seem decent... hmm... I just bought a 2002 axle that I could use all on this on also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 378,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more

1983 F150 SCSB Flareside, 302 w/ AOD Trans

2002 F450 SCFB, 7.3 PSD 2wd w/ 144,000 miles
SOLD

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:17 AM
PSN Veteran

Reviews arenít bad. If youíre looking for stock performance by all means go for it. This is the chit the shops would buy and install for you and charge you out the (__!__) for!

If youíre looking for quality parts - go moog. They are greaseable and you can maintain them easier. Hell I donít even look at them sob until I spun a bearing or snapped an axle (already did happen) - Tbh, even with moog parts - I donít see them lasting anymore longer than our original chit to warrant the increased in price. I have well over 400k on one of my 7.3 and all original front end - Iíll rebuild it later. It doesnít drive like new but it does drive down the road lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode