Ts chip problems - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ts chip problems

Debated on getting a programmer or anything for the truck and saw that the ts had the high idle and a 50hp setting and I knew I could drive it right. Cleaned the pcm like said installed and had every setting but no throttle so I removed cleaned again still no throttle. Cleaned third time got throttle after switching through the settings drove the truck really liked the 50 ho DID NOT DOG THE TRUCK. Drove it home shut down went to go get supper fire it up no throttle. Remove clean get throttle back. Headed to town and the od light starts blinking and I falls back into 3rd at 55 jumps back into od. I turn around get it home and shut down. This morning before even trying to start I clean clean clean. Start truck up od light blinks and no throttle. REMOVED THE CHIP and the od light blinks and I still have no od trans shifts funny now but I have throttle. So what have I messed up? Transmission showed absolutely no signs of weakness before this and I doubt it has 25,000 miles on a rebuild. Would contact TS but unlike me they take Saturday off please help

Momentum wins over traction every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 12:29 AM
Rookie diesel tech

Send a message via AIM to evans735
Re: Ts chip problems

you may have removed the tin coating on the contacts on the pcm. which means that will have to be retinned. no copperish color should be showing only silver/tin. did you make sure the harness was reconnected snuggly to the pcm? have you hooked up a code reader and read the codes and tried clearing them? usually once a codes been thrown for a transmission it can put it in limp mode till the codes cleared.

2000 F350 7.3L ext. cab, long bed dually, ZF6, 340,xxx miles
6637 mod/ egt and boost gauges/ PHP hydra
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

HaHa definitely nothing but copper showing on the pcm so Iím guessing that I cleaned to much. Bet thatís causing my transmission issues also. Whereís the best place to get one retinned? Or am I better off finding another pcm?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Rookie diesel tech

Send a message via AIM to evans735
Re: Ts chip problems

i could not tell ya that. hopefully another forum member could point you in the right direction. or just google search getting your pcm retinned, and hopefully that will help ya.

2000 F350 7.3L ext. cab, long bed dually, ZF6, 340,xxx miles
6637 mod/ egt and boost gauges/ PHP hydra
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I am the second owner of the truck. It had a hard life before me and we bought it expecting to have engine failure. We replaced the engine recently and I noticed the cage was not around the pcm anymore and the back of the pcm was open to dust. Also heard that it used to have a chip on it before we acquired the truck. The company had not long rebuilt the transmission before it started giving engine trouble and put it up for sale. That being said the pcm was problaly cleaned plenty good before I got ahold of it and cleaned it too much. Thereís a shop near here that may have a solution whether it be another pcm or know how to fix this one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode