Recommended upgrades - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 88
Recommended upgrades

Would like everyones recommendations on what upgrades to do.

Truck will be used to pull a 4 horse trailer with 12 foot living quarters with a slide out.

Bed will be going as i blew a fender the first week i had it, will be installing a flat bed and removing the stacks. Also what exhaust would you say?

Already have a wicked wheel with new orings or should i use a different turbo?

Im open to all upgrades but keep in mind its not a sled pulling truck so i dont wanna drop 10k in mods.

Attached is a picture of it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
loganhorse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 03:44 AM
PSN Veteran
 
​ DieselDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,006
Re: Recommended upgrades

Your truck: bad ass
You gn: equally bad ass
Your dog - should have included his face - love my

Ww2 is fine. If you can afford it, kc38r would be awesome but totally unnecessary for what youíre wanting to do.

Upgrades i would do that j feel is a must:
-bellowed up pipes
-pedestal delete
-reseal fuel bowl
-reseal hpop
-upgrades hpop lines
-upgraded fuel line
-4Ē ss exhaust of any brand really - itís just that; an exhaust - you spent too much money on mine which I wish I hadnít lol.
-new ipr, icp, cps. Leave old ones in Glove compartment

Trying to keep the cost down so those are the ones I would do - donít me a dummy like me and drop in 15k and still drive like a grandpa lol but hey if you have the money y the hell not!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
​ DieselDC is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 88
Re: Recommended upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​ DieselDC View Post
Your truck: bad ass
You gn: equally bad ass
Your dog - should have included his face - love my

Ww2 is fine. If you can afford it, kc38r would be awesome but totally unnecessary for what youíre wanting to do.

Upgrades i would do that j feel is a must:
-bellowed up pipes
-pedestal delete
-reseal fuel bowl
-reseal hpop
-upgrades hpop lines
-upgraded fuel line
-4Ē ss exhaust of any brand really - itís just that; an exhaust - you spent too much money on mine which I wish I hadnít lol.
-new ipr, icp, cps. Leave old ones in Glove compartment

Trying to keep the cost down so those are the ones I would do - donít me a dummy like me and drop in 15k and still drive like a grandpa lol but hey if you have the money y the hell not!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a trailer we borrowed from a friend but both super nice. Thanks.

Have a link for the uppipe?

Is the pedestal delete the same thing have the EPV (i think) delete?



Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
loganhorse is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:06 AM
Native Texan
 
masakimm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North Central Mo
Posts: 8,888
Garage
Re: Recommended upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganhorse View Post
Would like everyones recommendations on what upgrades to do.

Truck will be used to pull a 4 horse trailer with 12 foot living quarters with a slide out.

Bed will be going as i blew a fender the first week i had it, will be installing a flat bed and removing the stacks. Also what exhaust would you say?

Already have a wicked wheel with new orings or should i use a different turbo?

Im open to all upgrades but keep in mind its not a sled pulling truck so i dont wanna drop 10k in mods.

Attached is a picture of it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
So for what ur doing the wicked wheel should be plenty. may be some Hp oil upgrades bellowed pipes are a must any good 4 inch exhaust will do the trick to.

to save costs

u could get buy using a chip with stock inj and pump just don't try and turn it up to high.

but I would not skip the pipes and exhaust and a good air filter setup afe or other simular.

its all in what u want to put into her.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ​ DieselDC View Post
Your dog - should have included his face - love my
the puppy was offering u a sniff to get to know him or her.🤣

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
masakimm is online now  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 88
Re: Recommended upgrades

Was thinking air dog or fass??

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
loganhorse is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:12 AM
Native Texan
 
masakimm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North Central Mo
Posts: 8,888
Garage
Re: Recommended upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganhorse View Post
Thats a trailer we borrowed from a friend but both super nice. Thanks.

Have a link for the uppipe?

Is the pedestal delete the same thing have the EPV (i think) delete?



Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
yeah luckily urs is a super duty parts are cheaper for the up pipes many company's make them some have used the Dorman pipes but it all depends on ur budget search Google for 7.3l bellowed pipes just make sure its 99 and newer which most are very few are for the obs. the delete pedestals are not that high for the super dutys and can find them the same way. check the sponsors section of the forum for company's that support this forum and see what they have. but the pedestal would be good while u have the turbo off along with the new outlet to finish the delete.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
masakimm is online now  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:15 AM
Native Texan
 
masakimm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North Central Mo
Posts: 8,888
Garage
Re: Recommended upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganhorse View Post
Was thinking air dog or fass??

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
unless ur going with larger injectors I would leave the fuel system alone it works well and is already electric.

here's a link to Dorman pipes on Amazon to give u an idea.




Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
masakimm is online now  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:16 AM
PSN Veteran
 
​ DieselDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,006
Re: Recommended upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganhorse;
Thats a trailer we borrowed from a friend but both super nice. Thanks.

Have a link for the uppipe?

Is the pedestal delete the same thing have the EPV (i think) delete?



Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes the pedestal delete - deletes that lame valve restriction and potential leak.

The up pipes I have are below:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F292002672169


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
​ DieselDC is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 88
Re: Recommended upgrades

What brand gauges do you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
loganhorse is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:28 AM
PSN Veteran
 
​ DieselDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,006
Re: Recommended upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganhorse View Post
What brand gauges do you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk


Auto meter but they get pricey. Iím old school - I dont like electronic monitors much (yes, I got a cts2 but thatís to read codes). Do some reading and come up with your own conclusions I suppose but almost everyone will say autometers are pretty much standard b/c of their dependability.

I got some cheap meters on there that are like 25-60$ a piece and theyíre 15+yo so go figure. What I recommended to you above are things I would have done over.

On a side ... been eyeing this. I know everyone says they are bad but I donít care if the lights die on them. ...





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
​ DieselDC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome