Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Recommended upgrades

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Zach Cooley 
#1 ·
Would like everyones recommendations on what upgrades to do.

Truck will be used to pull a 4 horse trailer with 12 foot living quarters with a slide out.

Bed will be going as i blew a fender the first week i had it, will be installing a flat bed and removing the stacks. Also what exhaust would you say?

Already have a wicked wheel with new orings or should i use a different turbo?

Im open to all upgrades but keep in mind its not a sled pulling truck so i dont wanna drop 10k in mods.

Attached is a picture of it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Your truck: bad ass
You gn: equally bad ass
Your dog - should have included his face - love my [emoji240]

Ww2 is fine. If you can afford it, kc38r would be awesome but totally unnecessary for what you’re wanting to do.

Upgrades i would do that j feel is a must:
-bellowed up pipes
-pedestal delete
-reseal fuel bowl
-reseal hpop
-upgrades hpop lines
-upgraded fuel line
-4” ss exhaust of any brand really - it’s just that; an exhaust - you spent too much money on mine which I wish I hadn’t lol.
-new ipr, icp, cps. Leave old ones in Glove compartment

Trying to keep the cost down so those are the ones I would do - don’t me a dummy like me and drop in 15k and still drive like a grandpa lol but hey if you have the money y the hell not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
​ DieselDC;5909625 said:
Your truck: bad ass
You gn: equally bad ass

Ww2 is fine. If you can afford it, kc38r would be awesome but totally unnecessary for what you’re wanting to do.

Upgrades i would do that j feel is a must:
-bellowed up pipes
-pedestal delete
-reseal fuel bowl
-reseal hpop
-upgrades hpop lines
-upgraded fuel line
-4” ss exhaust of any brand really - it’s just that; an exhaust - you spent too much money on mine which I wish I hadn’t lol.
-new ipr, icp, cps. Leave old ones in Glove compartment

Trying to keep the cost down so those are the ones I would do - don’t me a dummy like me and drop in 15k and still drive like a grandpa lol but hey if you have the money y the hell not!

Thats a trailer we borrowed from a friend but both super nice. Thanks.

Have a link for the uppipe?

Is the pedestal delete the same thing have the EPV (i think) delete?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#6 ·
yeah luckily urs is a super duty parts are cheaper for the up pipes many company's make them some have used the Dorman pipes but it all depends on ur budget search Google for 7.3l bellowed pipes just make sure its 99 and newer which most are very few are for the obs. the delete pedestals are not that high for the super dutys and can find them the same way. check the sponsors section of the forum for company's that support this forum and see what they have. but the pedestal would be good while u have the turbo off along with the new outlet to finish the delete.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.

#4 ·
So for what ur doing the wicked wheel should be plenty. may be some Hp oil upgrades bellowed pipes are a must any good 4 inch exhaust will do the trick to.

to save costs

u could get buy using a chip with stock inj and pump just don't try and turn it up to high.

but I would not skip the pipes and exhaust and a good air filter setup afe or other simular.

its all in what u want to put into her.

​ DieselDC;5909625 said:
the puppy was offering u a sniff to get to know him or her.?

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.

#7 ·
unless ur going with larger injectors I would leave the fuel system alone it works well and is already electric.

here's a link to Dorman pipes on Amazon to give u an idea.

Amazon.com: Dorman 679-005 Turbocharger Up Pipe: Automotive

#8 ·
#10 ·
Auto meter but they get pricey. I’m old school - I dont like electronic monitors much (yes, I got a cts2 but that’s to read codes). Do some reading and come up with your own conclusions I suppose but almost everyone will say autometers are pretty much standard b/c of their dependability.

I got some cheap meters on there that are like 25-60$ a piece and they’re 15+yo so go figure. What I recommended to you above are things I would have done over.

On a side [emoji404]... been eyeing this. I know everyone says they are bad but I don’t care if the lights die on them. ...

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007EECX2I/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1514697947&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=3+in+1+gauge&dpPl=1&dpID=518KS4MfYkL&ref=plSrch[/ame]

#11 ·
An exhaust brake is a nice thing to have when towing what you are. A real system from a company like BD is around a thousand or so depending if your truck is a manual or auto. A cheaper way is to convert the EBPV into one. Thats what I did by cutting the pigtail and wiring it to the battery and through a switch in the cab.
I tow mainly equipment around and it helps a lot going down grades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.