PHP Hydra problems - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

PHP Hydra problems

I installed a hydra chip in my truck a couple weeks ago, and so far it has made the truck run like crap. It barely has any power in the higher hp settings, settings that were loaded by Gearhead performance. I also loaded some directly from PHPís software as well with the same results. The truck runs fine on the 25hp setting. And high idle and stealth work fine. But on the 40 and up HP tunes it idles fine, but just about dies if I give it anymore than 1/4 throttle. When it does this my car guage and torque apps say that my hpop pressure is 4800 all the way to 5300psi! So I Gearhead had me replace my icp, twice, which didnít help, I also put in a new lift pump, filter and entire new fuel bowl assembly with all harnesses and sensors. A new ipr and a new 17* hpop. Gearhead also had me install a boost fooler. None of these things made any difference. Any one else have any ideas for me. The truck is stock minus intake 1.00 hot housing, billet wheel, and 17* hpop. And ran like a damn top before I installed he chip. I have also removed, and cleaned the board twice. It is making good contact.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 09:37 PM
PSN Local

Re: PHP Hydra problems

It sounds like you are running a tune meant for a different hex code / pcm code. That, and/or a tune meant for the wrong type injectors (i.e split shot tune w/ single shot injectors).

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 09:53 PM
PSN Veteran

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Just didn't have time for a reply earlier.
I would make sure the tunes match each other, plus the right hex code.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1979 chevy c30 dually, sm465, 373's? Converted to 6.2 diesel, pump turned up and advanced a hair.(wrecked)
1994 ford F350 dually 4X4: 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed. 6637, straight pipe into dual stacks. Cooper discoverer at/3's.
2010 Jetta TDI 40 or so mpg :flippa:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I kind of thought the same. So I downloaded tunes directly from PHP for my pcm code that I verified and it runs the same with my tunes as well as the ones that Gearhead preloaded. My pcm code is tde1. Anyone know if that is an original pcm to a 97 7.3 4wd?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Oh, and itís an auto if that makes a difference.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 01:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmx54 View Post
I kind of thought the same. So I downloaded tunes directly from PHP for my pcm code that I verified and it runs the same with my tunes as well as the ones that Gearhead preloaded. My pcm code is tde1. Anyone know if that is an original pcm to a 97 7.3 4wd?

Yes thatís your pcm code for 97. I didnít see or read what kind of injectors you got. Assuming they are stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 01:52 PM
PSN Local

If it is a '97, you need to figure out if it is a California truck with split shot injectors or a federal truck with single shots. If I was you I would figure out what injectors you have, that seems to be the issue here.

2000 F-250 4x4 SuperCab Short Bed 7.3 w/ 280,xxx mi - 4" Pro Comp - Redhead - 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T KO - 3.73 Gears - CTS2 - Hydra - FFD 238cc/80%
KC38r 366 - Adrenaline - Irate Fuel System w/ Sump - 4"Exhaust - K&N CAI w/ S&B Filter - FFD Bellowed Up Pipes - AIH Plug - RiffRaff Plenums & Boot Kit
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Its definitely a federal emissions truck with AA single shot injectors. I just had the valve covers off replacing the glow plugs a month or two ago. Also the injectors look like original to the truck, No reman stamp, and they all look identical in terms of color, however the truck always starts right up all the way down to 10*F without being plugged in after letting the glow plugs run for about 45-60 seconds, and it does not lope or miss at all when cold, or warm for that matter. The injectors from what I can tell work very well considering their age. I also have the EBPV removed. Everything else is completely stock.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Any idea why my torque pro and car guage apps show my hpop putting out over 5,000psi at a 68% duty? I think this is whatís causing the problem. In stock mode and without the chip and in the 25hp setting the hpop never goes above 3450psi and 51% which I believe is normal. And this is the reason Gearhead recomended I change the icp. But that didnít help. And it seems to work fine without the chip anyways. I also donít get any codes no matter what I do. Also strange considering how badly it runs in the high hp settings.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Actually I just put it in the 40hp setting and held it floored for about 10 seconds and got a p0236 Code.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode