Fuelab pump died. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Fuelab pump died.

Saturday it sputtered all the way home, today it doesn't run at all. I check power, ground and pulled the heat shrink to make sure a wire to a resistor wasn't broke. This pump was installed in July of 08. I sent an email to Fuelab and I'll keep everyone posted. I hope these aren't going to have the same life span as the A1000's.

41403-c Fuel Pump

Kevin

12v CONVERSION IN PROGRESS, Special thanks to:
South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

Re: Fuelab pump died.

If you still have one with the soldered in resistor, make sure you get them to upgrade it to the latest controller circuitry while it's back getting checked out.

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

It was back to them before I installed it back when. This thing has three or four resistors and something else soldered in. I went back and looked at some diagrams they emailed me and it's not the same. I hope to hear from them in the morning.
I need to get it back up asap. I may buy another pump and have this one fixed.

Kevin

South Bend Clutch, MOTORSPORTSSUPPLY.COM, Pure Diesel Power & Performance, Carson Stauffer Diesel Service, Weston Shupe, zstroken

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Kevin, I would just call them direct, the number I've used is 800-541-2345. Both times my pump has gone bad it has been internal electrical problems. The first time it was the old style electronics, this last time(a few weeks ago) they said it was a circuit board problem. I have the 41401-2 though.

I called and talked to them and they were willing to quickly rebuild it and send it back. I overighted it to them and had it back within 1 week.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Village Idiot

And here ithought charles would be the first to kill one.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Charles only talks about how much he drives. My truck has to go every day. It's so bad where I live I can't even get it towed.

Kevin

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyred View Post
Kevin, I would just call them direct, the number I've used is 800-541-2345. Both times my pump has gone bad it has been internal electrical problems. The first time it was the old style electronics, this last time(a few weeks ago) they said it was a circuit board problem. I have the 41401-2 though.

I called and talked to them and they were willing to quickly rebuild it and send it back. I overighted it to them and had it back within 1 week.

Dave
If I don't hear back from them in the morning I will give them a call. Thanks for the number. All the paper work I have is at the shop.

Kevin

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Not a problem, I've usually talked to a guy named Brian Paitz when I've been on the phone with them, you may try asking to talk to him, Dennis told me to ask for him the first time I called.

AFAIK, Charles and now Kevin are the only 2 guys running a different pump than the rest of us.

One thing I found interesting was when I got my pump back this time, it had a piece of paper in the plastic bag with the pump. It stated that you had to run the pump at reduced speed unless you were only going to run it for a max. of 10 minutes at a time. Anything longer than that they said could overheat the pump.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Cummins Power

I had always worked with Rick Fenton. He was an engineer, not really on the sales or repair end of it. They told me in the beginning to not run it wide open all the time. I may have it changed up a little this time. I only need about 45psi at wot. I could get away with 20 or so for daily driving. I may set it up with a switch on the throttle.

Kevin

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 01:55 AM
PSN Pretender

I always liked the idea of using a hobbs style switch to turn the pump up to full speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode