2000 f250 build questions, 600hp? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2000 f250 build questions, 600hp?

Hello all!
about a month ago I purchased my first diesel truck, I bought the truck with the motor in the bed of the truck, the motor had a knock. The day of getting the truck I started ripping in the motor(my first motor I have touched internals on) I sure enough figured out the issue of the motor, the same day I started tearing it apart and one of the pistons had a broken side wall(issue found), everything was in wonderful shape, including the cylinder wall that had the broken piston! I replaced the piston with a new stock piston, new rings, new rod bearings, and I got the motor back together and had the truck running within 3 days(the owner was in shock)

Anyhow lets get to the good stuff,
stock isn't enough for me, this is a project for me and i'd love to take this thing down to the sand drags we have here in Arizona.

I currently have a complete bare block and heads,
I'm wanting to go oversized +.020 pistons
my rods seem to be in pretty good shape(forged rods) so I should be able to put some power to them and they should hold
I'm looking into the colt cam stage 2 from full force, but is it actually worth the bang for the buck?
and obviously new main bearings/ rod bearing/ new oil cooling jets, new arp rod bearing bolts, and a new oil pan, and oil cooler.

As for the top end;
910-16 valve springs
New valves
taking suggestions for valve stems, and lifters
for injectors I'm wanting to go a hybrid stage 2, but also whats the best bang for the buck?
as for the hpop I'm also taking suggestions, but have been planning on the adrenalin hpop
for the turbo I've been gtp38r, or the t4. what's going to run best?

I'm aiming for around 600hp, what could this all get me? please take in account that this is the first motor I've gotten, in no way do I have a good sense of what I am doing but its a learning process.

ALSO, what should I recommend to the machine shop to do? obviously honing the cylinders +.020 or whatever I decide to go, and a basic mill down on the block and heads, but what else should I be having done?

on a side note, I'm 22 years of age, I am a commercial fisherman of Alaska and this is my down time, so funds and time is not an issue.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance for the replys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 2000 f250 build questions, 600hp?

Here's some pictures, they may be a little mixed up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (9.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 33.jpg (14.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (10.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (24.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (25.3 KB, 32 views)
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

More
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (10.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (25.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (20.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (19.5 KB, 29 views)

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

MORE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled1.jpg (24.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (6.4 KB, 21 views)
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:39 AM
PSN Newb

I personally would go with a t4 kit like Irates if your shooting for 600hp, are you going to be towing and daily driving or just balls out in the sand drags, that will kinda determine turbo selection, the adrenalin or terminator pumps should also support 600 no problem on hybrids, I would also think about the trans building for the truck if it's an auto. Isn't that truck from a member on here out in queen creek? I'm in as also out on the west side of phoenix in Goodyear if you ever need a hand. I also have a good machinist if your in need for one as well.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:45 AM
PSN Veteran

Balance, and balance some more. girdle, studs top and bottom, I would have put carillo rods in and other supporting mods. Nice built tranmission. Lots of money for stuff to twist and break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​ DieselDC View Post
Balance, and balance some more. girdle, studs top and bottom, I would have put carillo rods in and other supporting mods. Nice built tranmission. Lots of money for stuff to twist and break.

I definitely forgot a few things during the write up, Transmission is on the top of the list, I was checking into the monster transmissions they seem to be priced pretty good, but I have some time to decide on the transmission I go with during the build. I also forgot arp head studs, as well as a irate girdle kit which seems like a good bang for the buck. Carillo rods are so expensive! would the stock forged not be able to handle it? also forgot im wanting to do a water/meth setup, a electric fuel setup, and regulated return. probably going to go with a hydra chip with custom tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowinsoot00 View Post
I personally would go with a t4 kit like Irates if your shooting for 600hp, are you going to be towing and daily driving or just balls out in the sand drags, that will kinda determine turbo selection, the adrenalin or terminator pumps should also support 600 no problem on hybrids, I would also think about the trans building for the truck if it's an auto. Isn't that truck from a member on here out in queen creek? I'm in as also out on the west side of phoenix in Goodyear if you ever need a hand. I also have a good machinist if your in need for one as well.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Great man! I appreciate the offer much, sadly I'm not near you, I'm located down near show low. I'm not sure where the truck originated from, but for about the past five years its been located down here. The t4 does sound like a much better selection, the gtp38r is so much cheaper though haha, guess I cant be a cheap ass though, right? I'm sure ill run into you at the drags when I get it going
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 03:53 AM
PSN Local

@2000SuperDirty
If your truck is a 2000, then you already have electric fuel. However, with those power goals and everything else you are doing, you should probably get a full fuel system, that includes the regulated return, which Irate sells also. Make sure you get the one for the Super Duty. As far as the connecting rods, since you already have the engine apart and you are upgrading everything else, all of the sudden the forged rods are the "weakest link". You might as well put some billet rods in now, or else you will just have to take the engine all the way apart again to replace if they fail. As for turbos, T4 probably would be the route to go for this kind of power, but KC Turbos is coming/already out with a 369 version of their turbo that is still a drop in. You might ask Charlie at KC his opinions on your power goals and that turbo. He will tell if it is not a good match. Hope this helps. Anyone can certainly correct me if I am steering him in the wrong direction.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 05:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Stock forged rods will do 600 but imho - if it were me, Iím not taking any chances with stock forged rods. Thereís a few running around with 500-600hp on stock bottoms.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Master BS'er

That crank is junk bro, it's all pitted. Thats a clear lack of oil problem and a pretty serious one too. Also, I can clearly see a barrel shape wear pattern on the rod jurnal there. Look at all the rod journals real close for taper or other irregular wear indicating the rods are bent or twisted.

Plan on either buying a new crank or having it ground and fitting undersized bearings, same with the rod bearings. Look closely near the journals and see if there are any numbers stamped on them, like 10, 20 or 30. This will tell ya if it still already been done before or not. Also, Those dark spots on the main bearings, what are those? Pull the bearings and make sure there isn't any funny business going on underneath those, it kinda looks like something got underneath the bearings, but maybe not. Maybe it's just a funny looking picture.

Brother James

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode