It starts this Saturday! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

It starts this Saturday!

Well my wife wants to see results before the snow is over and time to pull the toy hauler out of the shed. This weekend starts the long process of upgrades. So the list includes:

- Turbine housing install
- MRBP turbo back exhaust install
- Intercooler install
- Install gauges
- Repair exhaust brake hoses
- Repair shift boot
- Custom center console & stereo/amp/speaker install
- Class V receiver install
- Aux rear back up lights
- Window tint
- Tonneau cover install
- Custom exterior mirrors

Then finish up maintenance and little bit of body work. Then after that, finish the mods to RV.... will post pics along the way....just hope I survive....lol

Cory

1995 F350 CC DRW XLT 2WD 5-Spd w/ BD Exhaust Brake 225K Mi, HyperMax Stage 2 Kit, HyperMax EGT & Boost Gauges, Riffraff / Tymar Intake, HyperMax Intercooler, HyperMax 330HP chip, Adrealine HPOP & Braided Lines, Melling M208 LPOP and HyperMax 4" Exhaust. Coming Soon: DP-Tuner F-6 and custom electric fuel system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 AM
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99
Re: It starts this Saturday!

Good luck sounds like fun!

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Just have to decide to either use the EGT probe ports on the exhaust brake or drill/tap pre-turbo. I know it can be about 100-200 F difference in temps, but don't know if it is worth the trouble.

Cory

1995 F350 CC DRW XLT 2WD 5-Spd w/ BD Exhaust Brake 225K Mi, HyperMax Stage 2 Kit, HyperMax EGT & Boost Gauges, Riffraff / Tymar Intake, HyperMax Intercooler, HyperMax 330HP chip, Adrealine HPOP & Braided Lines, Melling M208 LPOP and HyperMax 4" Exhaust. Coming Soon: DP-Tuner F-6 and custom electric fuel system.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Going Crazy

i would definatly put it in the manifold... its not always 200 difference, i have seen trucks with pre and post turbo and when your on it the difference can be over 600 kinda scary.... its well worth the time to put it pre turbo

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 02:51 AM
Going Crazy

-Richard-
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well the difference is the energy(thermal) going into the turbine wheel to spin up the turbo. I was thinking about drilling and tapping the turbo manifold/collector where the turbine housing mounts. I have an extra one that I could utilize...

Cory

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Buffalo Diesel

If you have to pick one... put it in the manifold.

2000 F350 CC LB - 250cc 200% - Matt Tuned - 9" Lift - 38" Extreme ATs - Vegistroke
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Death Row Inmate #7

the pic above was from my buddy cody's truck. LoL. i was with him when that pic was taken and i will say that pre/post turbo EGTs vary greatly! one second they could be within 200* of each other then the next thing you no your driving down the road and there is a 500* difference. i'd go pre turbo always, but y'all know that Gale likes them post turbo....

Travis
1995 F-250 SC 2wd zf-5
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well first day the truck is victorious. I have decided against doing the IC retrofit. It appears that how I would have to run the IC tubes is just more than I really want to do. I don't really want to hack through everything to fit the 3" tubes. Also the 1999 spider I bought doesn't fit because of the fuel bowl. The pressure nipples hit the fuel filter housing. So the whole thing is going up for sale.... In addition, I have not seen a turbo like this. The bolts that mount it to the pedestal are from underneath. Not to mention that I cannot get a wrench on the lower T4 flange bolts or the back two pedestal to block bolts! I have no friggin clue how to get the turbo off....so my 1.0 A/R housing is going to have to wait. While I was in there I found two problems. I have a bad oil leak coming from either the fuel pump "O" ring (look like a new fuel pump), or most likely from the EBV actuator from what I can tell... Also, I took the intake "y" off and found it has been missing a great big chunk of the discharge "o" ring...no wonder it was lousy to boost. I did get most of the stock exhaust and all the downpipe out of it though. Will continue to work at it, but if anyone has suggestions for the leak and how to get this friggin turbo off, let me know!

Cory

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 02:27 AM
dinnerbooter treasurer

Don't give up on the intercooler install it is a great addition.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dinnerbooter #3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode