Looking for MORE mods which way to go?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Ram
PSN Newb

Looking for MORE mods which way to go??

i have a 99 7.3 current mods 6-posi chip, built tranny, cold air, and stacks. im looking for some more hp that wont break the bank or a good decent mod that will def up the hp on my truck without having to do a ton of other things to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 08:37 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

Re: Looking for MORE mods which way to go??

Early 99 or 99.5 ??

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Death Row Inmate #7

not too much more you can do on the stock turbo, but you can throw some injectors in it. If your chip doesn't have custom tunes get custom tunes put on it.

Travis
1995 F-250 SC 2wd zf-5

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 03:16 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

There really isnt to much more you can do with out spending some cash.

An adrenaline HPOP would be 1st on my list
Then fuel system, new turbo and injectors.

and like strokin said some custom tunes if you don't have already

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Buffalo Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_stroker View Post
An adrenaline HPOP would be 1st on my list
If I did it over again, it would have been tranny then Adrenaline and tunes.

Instead, I got the tunes, then had to do the tranny, now I have injectors, but I don't think I have enough oil.

Had I gotten the Adrenaline first, I'd have the same amount of power (I think) and I would have saved $1500.

2000 F350 CC LB - 250cc 200% - Matt Tuned - 9" Lift - 38" Extreme ATs - Vegistroke
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
i have a 99 7.3 current mods 6-posi chip, built tranny, cold air, and stacks. im looking for some more hp that wont break the bank or a good decent mod that will def up the hp on my truck without having to do a ton of other things to it.
What are your goals with the truck? DD? Towing heavy? Drag racer?

How much are you looking to spend?

P.S. I also didn't see that you mentioned gauges, that would be a first step for me.

2006 F350 Lariat Tow Boss W/training wheels.

SCT W/GH's tunes, ARP's, Blk & Heads milled, Strictly RR and aux coolant lines, 6" Aussies, Snow MPG-Max, BPD: VK688,EGR, W/Pump, and FICM, Coolant filt, Train Horns, CTS (Monitor only) + Autometer backups

RIP Muley 9-25-09
Keep on Honkin' Jerry 04-05-10
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Ram
PSN Newb

its an early 99 my goal is like 400 hp or so i mean i am willing to spend a good amount on one thing for a good hp jump but i just want to go in right direction i was going to do some injectors but i was told i would need arp head studs and bigger turbo.. i mean im not towing at all basicly its strickly mud and drag.. what kinda custom tunes should i get i mean i have 4 positions that go up to 120hp and 220 ft lbs of torque then the high rev and valet.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
PSN Veteran

Gauges
modded H2e
stage II inj
Custom tunes from Jody at DP-Tuner

This will put you right where you want with room to grow.

2006 F350 Lariat Tow Boss W/training wheels.

SCT W/GH's tunes, ARP's, Blk & Heads milled, Strictly RR and aux coolant lines, 6" Aussies, Snow MPG-Max, BPD: VK688,EGR, W/Pump, and FICM, Coolant filt, Train Horns, CTS (Monitor only) + Autometer backups

RIP Muley 9-25-09
Keep on Honkin' Jerry 04-05-10
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 07:21 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slated4Greatness View Post
Gauges
modded H2e
stage II inj
Custom tunes from Jody at DP-Tuner

This will put you right where you want with room to grow.
Good list but why would he want to switch to DP Tuner if he already has a 6 pos chip he can get reburned?

Also said he wanted to not spend much money

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 08:01 PM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

you didnt say any thing about exhaust or intake..more air in and more air out will give you better power...cheap mods for the early bird to give you more power would be put in a 99.5 HPOP if you cant afford the Adrenaline right now..a new reman stock pump is around $380.. next would be the IDM from a 99.5 or gain about 20 HP by moding your IDM with 5 cent resister...in tank fuel Mod is also very helpfull..

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode