i wanna mess around with my fuel system - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
We In The Money Now

i wanna mess around with my fuel system

whats a good system and fuel pump to get ive got an 02 7.3L I dont have much done yet just upgraded hpop thats aderline bigger turbo housing threw ats cold air in take threw [email protected], exhaust threw silverline and my edge in cab programer that i love. Them airdoggs and fass there just fuel and water seperators right not pumps anybody got any suggestions sorry if i did'nt explane good enough hope ppl can help thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 PM
All done now

Re: i wanna mess around with my fuel system

Start with this fuel system modification:

Welcome to guzzle's In-tank Hutch Mod Web Page

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 04:28 PM
PSN Veteran

There isnt a need to change your lift pump untill you put in much larger injectors. The stock pumps are very durable, good performing units. Least IMO

DRW and tow fast parts.......

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 04:42 PM
2010 BOB Points Runner up

Send a message via AIM to Dieselfever Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselfever Send a message via Skype™ to Dieselfever

A Factory SD pump will support up to 400-450 hp

-Michael

Michael

1997 F350: Regular cab XLT, 7.3L PSD, 5 speed, 4x4, 3.55 - Some Stuff
2000 F350: Crew Cab, Lariat, 7.3L PSD, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.73 - More Stuff
2001 VW Golf: 4 door, GLS, 1.9L TDi, 5 speed - Darn near makes fuel!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:59 PM
PSN Veteran

A good regulated return to rid your system of air and equalize fuel to both banks

99.5 F250, 4x4, Lariat, CC/SB, 4r100 Gauges, Intake, Exhaust, Lots of black/smoked parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:00 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

Start with a regulated return system and the in tank modifications that were already posted up. There is really no need for a larger pump until you put in larger injectors. You may want to add a pre pump filter also.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dinnerbooter #3
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:15 PM
owner/president

Send a message via MSN to dixieland-diesels

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuineford View Post
Start with a regulated return system and the in tank modifications that were already posted up. There is really no need for a larger pump until you put in larger injectors. You may want to add a pre pump filter also.
Or duall SD pumps!

03 lariat cc,4x4 7.3,DP-F5,36''MT,8"lift w/trac.bars,4"Silverline ss.exh,AFE II,Optimas,ATS housing,WW,Turbomaster,6.0 IC & tranny cooler,BTS,ISSPRO gauges,HPX,ITP RR,BRV+,Powerslots,WARN prem-hubs,coolant filter,ccv mod,08 mirrors,ARP's,mod.fuel & inj's.,Crower rods,AIH delete,AMSOIL fluids. ~waitn on the 38R~
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:34 PM
<--before leveler & block

I did the in-tank mods that Arisley is talking about except i ordred my kit from diesel innovations for 25 bucks and i definitely noticed less injector cackle. I would recommend this as your first fuel system mod and then move toward the engine with a regulated return. I have a regulated return coming from dino fuel alternatives as we speak so i will give that a try.

X2 for the in-tank mods though! well worth the time. But i recommend pulling the bed off rather than dropping the fuel tank. its MUCH easier in my opinion

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Ticking time bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker2 View Post
I did the in-tank mods that Arisley is talking about except i ordred my kit from diesel innovations for 25 bucks and i definitely noticed less injector cackle. I would recommend this as your first fuel system mod and then move toward the engine with a regulated return. I have a regulated return coming from dino fuel alternatives as we speak so i will give that a try.

X2 for the in-tank mods though! well worth the time. But i recommend pulling the bed off rather than dropping the fuel tank. its MUCH easier in my opinion

Easier to pull the bed than drop the tank ?? I disagree I reccomend getting the tank as low as you can droping It its not to hard
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 01:58 AM
<--before leveler & block

Well i know that i had to have help to drop the tank down and put it back up in there and that was with an 1/8th tank of fuel but i was able to removed and install the bed myself easily. Thats just my experience. I guess if you dont have access to a lifting device then dropping the tank would be much easier

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode