e99 ebv gutting - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

e99 ebv gutting

i have to replace all of my injector cups, so while i have her torn down, i was contemplating gutting my turbo pedestal,but im not sure if this is safe. has anyone else gutted theirs and left the sensor unplugged with no problems? or do i need to buy a non-ebv pedestal and new turbo flage and all that? any info is greatly appreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: e99 ebv gutting

Theres plenty on here from what ive read that have gutted there pedistal and flange i think.. i personally just picked up a used pedistal for about 85$ including shipping and just did the swap.. shouldnt hurt anything leaving the sensor unplugged...

2001 F-250 4x4 ECSB
7.3 PSD DP Tuned
6.0 I/C Van Turbo & WW
6637 Intake 5" Exhaust
Custom RR Fuel System
05 Grille/08 Center Console
Raptor 372 w/ Toyo Open
Country AT2 35/12.50

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:30 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

wont hurt a thing as long as you unplug the sensor on the pedistal..delete the flang then you can delete the rod out of the pedistal..i just sold a 99.5 pedistal that was deleted..i may still have my early 99 pedistal that could be deleted some where around here..

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron's power stroke View Post
wont hurt a thing as long as you unplug the sensor on the pedistal..
That is a solenoid on the pedestal and there is no need to unplug it.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 AM
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER

hmmmm this is a copy and past from Bob at dieselsite

Q. If I disconnect the sensor, some say this will throw a code ,so they remove the turbo, cut the actuator rod off, and tap the hole in the pedestal and put a plug in it with the sensor still plugged. Is this "ok" to do?

A. If you simply plug the hole and leave the sensor plugged in, you may cause yourself the loss of a turbo from lack of oil flow. Let me explain. The same feed port that feeds the turbo bearing is feeding the EBV piston. There is one supply port and one return port in the pedestal. When the EBP sensor sends the signal to the pedestal to shut the valve,which is not there in this case, the oil dumps off to the return port in the pedestal with no resistance. This is the same return port as the one for the turbo. The piston separated the two when it is was properly used from the factory. Basically, while the valve is being actuated or attempted to in your case the turbo gets no oil or very little. The turbo bearing is the highest place in the engine for oil to travel and it will follow the path of least resistance. If you remove this piston in the pedestal, you MUST not allow computer control of the valve any longer. You must disconnect the sensor from the pedestal. Yes, you will get a code (not a light) telling you the valve is non-operational, but it's the only way to do it.

Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,H-11's stud's SRP 1.1 for oil all supplied by unlimited diesel..beehives, DI push rod's, new alliant 315/200 hybrids,Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401. ...tuned by Gearhead..

88 F250 7.3 IDI plow truck 112k - bone stock.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Caption This

I've seen that posted as a reference a few dozen times, it isn't correct.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yeah, thats what i read that had me concerned about gutting mine,so if i gut it then i leave the turbo alone? or do i have to change the flange on the turbo?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelch3 View Post
or do i have to change the flange on the turbo?
Getting rid of the rod and flap in the outlet flange is the whole point of the gutting. I'd change it if I were doing it but a lot of people have gutted that too.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 AM
PSN Veteran

How much gain is there in gutting it? I need mine for my decell tune and have no desire to do it but was just curious.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 03:28 AM
Caption This

If you calculate the area of the outlet with and without the shaft and flap, there is a lot of difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode