high pressure oil pump - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

high pressure oil pump

in my 7.3L powerstroke ive got bullybog 6 position 100 hp injectors 150gph airdog fuel pump my truck smokes pretty good it will black out a road and im allways lookin for more smoke and more POWER what will a high pressure oil pump do for my truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 05:56 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: high pressure oil pump

clean up some of that smoke...
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Super Hauler!

Not a great idea to mention wanting more smoke on here or any other enthusiast forum, We really dont like smoke unless its at the track. Do you have a 15* or 17* HPOP now? what year is the truck? Adrenaline is what i have and many others, i would dump the bullydog chit and get a real tune from our vendors like php, tw or many many others. A larger oil pump will increase oil pressure which is what your injectors like

PS you can also use the search tab and look through other pasts from others about the same question!?

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:06 AM
PSN Veteran

First loose the idea that more smoke and power go hand in hand. Smoke is wasted power shooting out you exhaust. Its nothing but unburnt fuel. First thing I am assuming you are on stock injectors. Loose that bully dog programmer that has generic tunes and pick up a custom tuned flip chip from one of the custom tuners on here. The dif is night and day. Matt at gearhead, [email protected] Beans, [email protected] Swamps, etc..their are a number more. These guys will not only get you more power but better trans shifting and even better MPG. Lower EGTS as well. Over all drivablity goes way up. Not sure what else you have done other than the Air dog which was a good choice. But you need to get a set of gauges trans temp, EGt, turbo boost at a min. If you have a stock air box swap it out for a DIY using a 46637 is the cheapest with very close to the best flow. Next a turbo back exhaust. MRBP 4" is very nice and with good pricing for different levels of quality. After that you are looking at an upgrade from the stock turbo to a GT38R. Follow that up with some stage II or small hybrid injectors. After that then you will want to look at that upgraded HPOP depending what year 7.3 you have. For that the nest choice is the Adrenaline by Diesel site. ALso some where in there you may need to upgrade your fuel system a bit.

But again first loose the bully dog and get custom tunes and get the basics if you have not already done so first ie exhasut air gauges. If you already have those. Then go onto the turbo and injectors .
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

the reason i love smoke is cause all these boys down here with there cummins rollin coal everywhere they go its nice to show them up every once and a while and all the people down here hate diesels even when it didnt smoke they said it was a smelly POS they like them quite trucks so im kinda a rebel down here
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

i got 100 hp stage 2 injectors thats why its so smokey on the stock setting it will still smoke then on the 100 hp setting its really really smokey and i got isspro gauges i got boost pyro. fuel pressure and trans temp what do u think about DP tuners?
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Super Hauler!

Its kinda your choice on tuners really. DP is great PHP is good too as well ad many others just cant name them all or i would have a few pages. Its really what you want and what you are wanting to do with your truck.

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

well i want it to have around 650rwhp or so when im done i was thinkin about twin turbos but i just think thats to much power for a daily driver
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:29 AM
PSN Veteran

With a large enough injector and Big Oil, you can still roll as much coal as you wish. If your going for 650, you will need plenty of oil.
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

allright how hard is it to but on a hpop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode