Im putting tires on the Excursion - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Im putting tires on the Excursion

My dad needs new tires, we're goin on a trip and are fixin all the lil things that need to be done. What tires are smooth but are off road worthy. Going to hit snow and mud.... BFGoodrich KM2??? Or?????

2000 F-350 4x4 DRW 200,000 miles DP tuner Stock, 40T, decel, 60T, 80T, 80eco, 120race, ported compressor housing, bellowed up-pipes, Terminator T-500, FPR Spring mod, AIH delete, autometer ford factory match boost, pyro, trans, HPX crossover tube, AFE Stage II CAI, 5in Straight pipe, JW valve body, Deep transmission Pan with magnet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 01:59 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Im putting tires on the Excursion

Smooth means many different things to different people. Normally I would say all terrains for that description. I can tell you this with the X. If you want the long life from your tires. Rotate them reg. and check balance. If you tow get E rated. They will likely also get better life as well. Set pressure based on the tire manf recommendations based on axle weight not what is inside the door. I rotate tires with my oil change along with other things.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

My dad hates a ruff ride like those gnarly mud tires.

2000 F-350 4x4 DRW 200,000 miles DP tuner Stock, 40T, decel, 60T, 80T, 80eco, 120race, ported compressor housing, bellowed up-pipes, Terminator T-500, FPR Spring mod, AIH delete, autometer ford factory match boost, pyro, trans, HPX crossover tube, AFE Stage II CAI, 5in Straight pipe, JW valve body, Deep transmission Pan with magnet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 02:19 AM
PSN Local

just put bfg t/a 285/75/16 on my 05 stock excursion and went on a 900 mile trip to the smoky mountians, snow ice and interstate, best decision i have made love those t/a s
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 02:26 AM
PSN Veteran

The newer mud tires are nowhere near the same as the old swampers and mug hogs from a few gens ago but some still are. heck they even make fairly smooth riding versions of swampers now.

reviews of noise level and make sure it has sipes as some do not.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Wheres the Spark Plugs?

Can't go wrong with big ole Toyo's.....

2000 Excursion, Edge CTS, GTP-38R, MBRP Stainless System, S&B Intake, 38" Toyo M/T's, 8" lift, Kodiak Grizzly Steps (THEY SUCK)
, Pioneer Z110BT.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
PSN Veteran

Toyo MT's suck IMO as they have lousy wet traction. For a Ex..get good AT's or if you must have something more aggressive try Procomps Extream AT's, Ive got them on our Ex. very good all around tire.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:21 AM
PSN Local

If you are set on the BFG AT's try and get a set of E-codes, most tire shops will look at you funny but the weight of a diesel EX is well worth the higher rating. And its real nice to have the extra when towing!!!

The only down side is they do not wear great I have 30k on mine and there my be 15k left in them but its 90% towing.

Geoff
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I got Km2's Thanks though

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Raul@stealth-automotive

another vote for procomp extreme AT's had them on my F250 and loved them.. if they made them in a 40" tire i would have them on my Ex too

-Raul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode