Fuelab pump install advice - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
dinnerbooter treasurer

Fuelab pump install advice

After reading a bunch of stuff from different people and talking to them about installing an after-market fuel pump I went and installed my fuelab 41402 on my truck and used the stock return line. Well I was never able to dial in my fuel pressure and had some issues with the pump blowing fuse's so I came to the conclusion that I needed a larger return line. I gathered up the stuff and installed a 3/8's return line and all is good now. Moral of the story don't tear out your factory feed line, use it as a return line so you don't have to run a new one.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dinnerbooter #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 PM
A Ghost these days...

Re: Fuelab pump install advice

I just ordered a fuelab and a 5/8" pick-up to run on a stock fuel system for now. Is there a way to dial down the pressure on the pump itself? Im worried about it being too much pump for the stock bowl/return and wiring.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
dinnerbooter treasurer

There is a high and low setting on the pump. You are not suppose to daily drive in the high setting, it is only meant to be driven for short periods of time. You don't dial down the pressure of a fuel pump that is what your regulator does.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 05:21 PM
A Ghost these days...

Well, Ill have a fuel pressure gauge so I can see what things are doing.

Were you able to use the factory pump wiring?

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
dinnerbooter treasurer

I did not use the factory wiring I used the factory wiring to to trigger a relay with 12 gauge wires running to the fuel lab. I am also pulling my power directly from the battery. I know some people have used the factory wiring but I did not feel comfortable doing that.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 PM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Use the factory wiring to trigger a relay to provide power to the pump.

I wouldn't run a Fuelab with any part of a stock fuel system, it needs a 5/8" line from the tank and a 1/2" outlet line, with at least a 3/8" return line.

You can set the pump on the low speed setting, but it'll still be pumping about [email protected] IIRC.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode