New Beans Tunes! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
F250 Black Cloud Edition

Thumbs up New Beans Tunes!

Went ahead and got rid of the DP, yesterday. Jonathan from BDP, was on vacation down here in Florida, and offered up some tunes for me. All i can say is holy shizz. Its unbelievable how smooth these tunes are, and seems to still put out some power. We didnt really get to do the live tune, as i didnt have the right version pcm, and he didnt quite bring all his stuff. But hes commin back in a few weeks and is gonna fine tune it for me. Plus gonna play with a few other truck too.

Compared to my old tunes its a night and day difference. My injectors are so much quieter now. Almost like stock. The tunes are not jumpy at all, you have to use the pedal now. Very very smooth. His choice of shifting is very nice too. I opted for the quick firm shift without the bang. The whisper tune is a trip. Kinda reminds me of a diesel version of Airwolf. Shuts her right up. His stock tune, is well. As close to stock as you could get. No matter what you have. Its like its stock. I did some towing today, the tow tune i used to run, would run my egts at 1000 degrees at 65 with the cruise on. And my boost would be close to 10 psi. Now at 65 its down to 800 degrees and my boost was around 5 psi. Which prolly means im pullin some better mpgs to top it all. The hot tune is nice too. Pulls some fuel out of the bottom end, so it kinda lights my charger alittle quicker. Even thought its a Turbonetics, and not even the BB unit, it seems to still light good. Even better now. My old tunes would fuel pretty hard out of the hole, and kinda choked my turbo for a sec. All in all, its a winner. And i would highly suggest Jonathan for tunes. I can say he has honestly put in some serious hours on his tunes, and it shows. Hopefully get some dyno time with him in 2 weeks, and fine tune it.
Then gonna take it to the track and do some comparisions.

02 F250. Turbonetics, SRP1, Tim from P.I.S built Hybrids, Built Trans, Afe Stage 2, HPX line. Tuned by Jonathan from Beans, 4 inch exhaust, with the muffler. Triple Phantom 2 gauges. Forged Rods and with another block. 500hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 10:14 PM
wheres the fat chicks?

Re: New Beans Tunes!

mmmmmmm....kinda wants to make me switch too.but wont happen right now

2000 F-350 SD ccsb=185hp
Matt's Tunes=140hp
6637=20hp
2% window tint=25hp
4in straight pipe=50hp
Custom Fuel system w/ sump=50hp
Foil,AIH,EBPV delete=30hp
Wow...I'm making 500hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroke of luck View Post
i started sharting at an early age...
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 10:17 PM
OBS junkie

Jonathan knows his stuff for sure!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz

Im looking at getting some tunes for the 2002 I just bought and am seriously considering Beans for the tunes. How long would a stock tranny live with these same tunes?
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor

Nice to hear!

I had a chance to meet Jonathan and Bean a few days ago, they are awesome guys.

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 SRW, Twin turbos
820 HP on 05/19/12

Toll Free 866-379-8685
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
F250 Black Cloud Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by David N View Post
Im looking at getting some tunes for the 2002 I just bought and am seriously considering Beans for the tunes. How long would a stock tranny live with these same tunes?
He can pretty much make it what you want. My stock tranny went threw a Bully Dog for about 6 months, the worst of all, Edge Juice for over a year, and my tunes from DP for 2 years. These tunes from Jonathan shift excellent. They are crisp and firm, But not harsh. Very very nice. Check him out, he will do you right.

02 F250. Turbonetics, SRP1, Tim from P.I.S built Hybrids, Built Trans, Afe Stage 2, HPX line. Tuned by Jonathan from Beans, 4 inch exhaust, with the muffler. Triple Phantom 2 gauges. Forged Rods and with another block. 500hp.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:58 PM
PSN Newb

i went to beans por my tunning about two months ago and think there great would tell any one to call them up.

2000 CC LB 6 speed w shortshift,gt38, 250/100hybrids,pushrods,910,gauges,tuned by beans ,5in,afe2,ccvmod,DI RR,Bobs Hpop
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotti2k7 View Post
My injectors are so much quieter now. Almost like stock. The tunes are not jumpy at all, you have to use the pedal now. Very very smooth. His choice of shifting is very nice too.
My 10 year old Banks chip is like that.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 01:05 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to joebob3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
My 10 year old Banks chip is like that.
i know a friends 13 year old banks chip is way better then a DP. i was looking at trying some of beans tunes some day.

{95 F250 Powerstroke XLT} 5 spd, injectors by Farmers Diesel, tunes by tyrant diesel, AFE stage 2 intake, custom intercooler, 3" down pipe to custom 5in stack. EBPV break, custom electric fuel system, IDM mod by mattymx, CCV mod, D60 with F-Superduty springs, diprocol EGT, Boost and Fuel PSI guages.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 05:24 AM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

another happy beans customer.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode