New to posting here, old to reading this is my project looking for input! Doing it al - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

New to posting here, old to reading this is my project looking for input! Doing it al

I have a 2000 f350, 7.3l psd. 118k, automatic transmission.

Transmission was just rebuild by myself using TCI master racing overhaul kit! (I have the ASTG rebuild guide in pdf if anyone needs it.) Ordered the tripple clutch Stallion Torque Converter. New U-Joints all the way around, Resealed Transfer case, New deep sump transmission pan and TCI Transmision cooler. All assembled sitting on bench ready to go back in! Also has bullydog Shift kit! Just FYI, the 4R100 is a simple rebuild!

Engine, Bare block on stand waiting to go to machine shop for .030 over bore. Using the powerstroke nation ford OE Master Rebuild kit. ARP head studs sitting on bench. Sand Blasted and painted exhaust manifolds, 4 inch down pipe leading to 5inch straight to stacks! Waiting to order DPP Performance Stage 3 Injector rebuild kit with there 6 posistion chip and Adreniline HPOP. Just bought the CFM+ intake manifold and really dont care if it is only eye candy! Going to order the GTP38R turbo from Performance Truck Products, EBV delete Pedestal and outlet. K&N cold air intake.

Gauges, Autometer Pro Comp Ultra light, 2 pyrometers, one for each bank mounted in dash infront of speedo with autometer pod, 4 gauge pod up A-pillar with boost, oil pressure, water temp, and of course transmission temp!

Not sure yet what fuel system to go with, very up in the air about that! Feedback would be great!

Also really not sure if I am missing anything! Have considered SPEARCO intercooler. Any input, this is my first powerstroke, I am not sure how much hp and torque I will be making either. I am just building this as a toy to play with on the weekends at the drag strip and maybe some sled pulling in the fall when I am bored.

Everett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Need a ride.

Re: New to posting here, old to reading this is my project looking for input! Doing i

Not sure how much air flow you get between those expensive Spearco coolers but economicly I would go with a 6.0 cooler, I think that would be sufficiant and a heck of alot cheaper. They pop on from time to time on E-bay. As for fuel, theres a number of Regulated Returns out there but Diesel Inovations has a nice kit at the right price. Also, instead of the K-N intake, the S-B intake has scored very high in filtration numbers and overall perfomance. The K-N's from what I've seen and read over the years have dusted turbo wheels, thats the drop in filters so not sure on the cone type, they might be better, good luck with your build..sounds like fun..

03 F-250 7.3 XLT CC SB Auto 38R, S-B Intake, 4 inch MBRP Duals, Regulated Return, J Wood VB, DP Tuner, Isspros 3 Pillar, Terminator Scan Gauge, DS Coolant Filter, HPX
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Sponsor

Re: New to posting here, old to reading this is my project looking for input! Doing i

I would stay away from 6.0 intercoolers personally, the plastic tanks dont like life with a decent amount of boost. A metal tanked 7.3 is fine to pretty reasonable HP level IMO.

'02 F-250 CCSB Lariat 4x4 160's 38R
'97 F-250 5.9 CTD SCSB 4x4 XLT. [email protected] #2
'06 Jetta TDI Malone Stg 2 Tune
FullForceDiesel.com

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Need a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTennPSD View Post
I would stay away from 6.0 intercoolers personally, the plastic tanks dont like life with a decent amount of boost. A metal tanked 7.3 is fine to pretty reasonable HP level IMO.
Interesting info, don't hear to many negitives on the 6.0 but appreciate the heads up..

03 F-250 7.3 XLT CC SB Auto 38R, S-B Intake, 4 inch MBRP Duals, Regulated Return, J Wood VB, DP Tuner, Isspros 3 Pillar, Terminator Scan Gauge, DS Coolant Filter, HPX
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I just dont see the need for a bigger intercooler yet but not sure! The standard intercooler is fairly large and sometimes I look at money to hp ratio, if I can spend a grand and bolt on 100 hp good deal, if I spend a grand and bolt of 5 hp not my best move. This truck has been a great project for me and my wife! I just joined NADM today and hoping to maybe tug a sled or two this year! Deffinatly will be at national trails from some blasts down the track!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Buffalo Diesel

I'm still a noob, but I think those stg IIIs are too big for a GTP38R, am I right?

Scrap the intercooler.

2000 F350 CC LB - 250cc 200% - Matt Tuned - 9" Lift - 38" Extreme ATs - Vegistroke
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:10 AM
PSN Veteran

No they will work fine. A very good match up is 238/80 hybrids. You can get as good as stock and up to 2-4 mpg better as well as putting HP at or near the 500 mark with proper tuning. This is where tuning really makes a dif.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:15 AM
We put the FU! in FUN

Also go to dieselsite and get a adrenaline HPOP. That will work well with the injectors you are thinking about and all the other supporting mods you are talkign about doing

Bored .030 HHT Waste gate,Wicked Wheel, K&N intake, 4" Turbo back, HPX Line , 6.0 Tranny Cooler, IDM MOD,3 Gauge Pillar W/ Auto meter Ultra Lites with LED's, LED Interior lights,
Bestop Soft Top,35W HID's 6K,Pioneer AVHP4200DVD 7",Rockford P2 10" ,Phoniex Gold Door Speakers,JL Amp
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Buffalo Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
No they will work fine. A very good match up is 238/80 hybrids.
Sorry, thought they were bigger than that.

2000 F350 CC LB - 250cc 200% - Matt Tuned - 9" Lift - 38" Extreme ATs - Vegistroke
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Problem is I just found out that with my AD code injectors I can only go to stage 2.5 with the DIY rebuild kit! So I am not sure what difference this is going to make but I am going to be hopeful!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode