fuel pump dowel pin fell in engine... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

fuel pump dowel pin fell in engine...

hey guys, i was replacing my pump and the neck snapped off in the block ,i sweated balls but i got that out, then the pin fell out into and below the cam, does any one have a diagram of the engine? i want to know what my options are right now. i know someone did a really nice right up of a rebuild of a stroker not too too long ago and it showed a nice picture of the cam area opened up and thats exactly what i need right now

some one please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:32 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred
Re: fuel pump dowel pin fell in engine...

By pin do you mean the fuel pump lifter?

If that's what fell in, if you heard it go splash into the oil, and then hit the bottom of the pan, you should be OK, it won't go anywhere.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

no it sounded like it hit a platform of some sort, no spash sound, what is directly under the cam? is it seperated by a vally of some sort? im trying to find a dang picture and itsnot working!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Mike's Diesel Performance

Send a message via AIM to sick97psd1

Good luck, I had the same thing happen but I was able to get a pair of vice grips on the lifter and wiggle it back and forth out. If that wouldnt have happend I would have been in the same situation you are in.

Mike's Diesel Performance
734-385-4208
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 10:28 AM
dinnerbooter treasurer

It is pretty open to the oil pan from the cam. There is a "platform" or splash guard in the oil pan that it may have landed on. Here is a picture of the oil pan off of a SD, the OBS ones are slightly different but very close.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

dinnerbooter #3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode