What would you do??? - Page 4 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheres the Spark Plugs?

Re: What would you do???

We looked over everything tonight and found no evidence of exhaust leaks or any indicators of even a slight boost leak. I'm at a loss now.

2000 Excursion, Edge CTS, GTP-38R, MBRP Stainless System, S&B Intake, 38" Toyo M/T's, 8" lift, Kodiak Grizzly Steps (THEY SUCK)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Pioneer Z110BT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Need a ride.

Did you climb under the truck with a flashlight and look up at those up-pipe connections from underneath?? I've seen some exhaust leak marks before on the pipe coming from the collectors where the up-pipe goes into the Babies butt, just a thought if you haven't been under the truck.

03 F-250 7.3 XLT CC SB Auto 38R, S-B Intake, 4 inch MBRP Duals, Regulated Return, J Wood VB, DP Tuner, Isspros 3 Pillar, Terminator Scan Gauge, DS Coolant Filter, HPX
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Powerstroke Addict

Get rid of Edge its nothing but problems. Throw some custom tunes on it and if you have the money an intercooler and turbo would be great. A Garrett 38r is a good small upgrade from your stock turbo

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 05:46 AM
PSN Newb

Get some bigger exhaust this will help also. I have an 02 F250 and i run 5 in to 6in dual stacks out the bed and its really helped my egts
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 06:29 AM
PSN Veteran

You checked the exhaust and it checked out form what you can tell but earlier when you stated you checked all the boots from the turbo to the and from the intercooler did you actually pull them off and check? One could have a split that runs where you can not see it by a simply visual check while in place. You need to pull each one and clean it up and then check it while in hand. Next thing would then be to pressure check your intercooler itself. Its always very possible a rock or some other way caused a leak in it or a tank cracked.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Buffalo Diesel

I'd like to add that my stock truck never surged or had crazy EGTs and it sits just like yours... leads me to believe the tune could be a problem, but that it is probably a mechanical problem with a leak of some sort.

I know that I didn't get any surging or other problems after adding a tuner either... with Jody's tunes.

For those of you saying to throw a WW on it, why? Are people with the same exact engine and turbo (hardware) as me experiencing surging and the WW is curing it? I'm curious, because I've never experienced it in this truck.

2000 F350 CC LB - 250cc 200% - Matt Tuned - 9" Lift - 38" Extreme ATs - Vegistroke
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Oordski

By putting on a 1.0 housing and/or a wicked wheel will take care of surging under high boost. Good tunes also can take care of surging. If you want to keep the edge upgrade the turbo to take care of surging.

02 7.3 L Powerstroke 4 door with DP Tuner, Wicked Wheel, 1.0 Housing, Terminator pumps, Single Shot AC Injectors, BD Converter, Billy Built Tranny, 4.30 Gears, 325/65R18 Tires, and For Mama:Captain Heated Seats all the way around and 2DVD Screens, In dash GPS. Newly added: 51 gallon Titan fuel tank, Airdog II, CCV, QSSB from Wideopen Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode