Ts Chip mount - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ts Chip mount

I'm looking to gauge interest in a dash plate that would mount the rotary switch for the the TS style chip and I could add a spot for a T/C lock up switch or whatever else you would want. I'm pretty sure farm boy posted a plate like this. I work at a machine shop and have the ability to mass produce these. They would also be CNC engraved with numbers for the positions and I could do a Powerstrokenation thing on them as well. I'm not 100% on the price yet but I'm thinking I could make them out of high quality aluminum (or stainless or whatever but it'll cost ya) and keep the price under $50. If I can mass produce a bunch of the same one then that will be the cheapest but if I end up having to make these person by person and doing different things the price will go up accordingly. Honestly I would like to make about 500 of these and sell them to one of our site sponsors so I wouldn't have to deal with all the orders. If a site sponsor buys a batch of them I could engrave them with the sponsors name for a custom touch.

So anyone in the market for something like this? Btw I'm open to other easily machined parts for our trucks if you've got something in mind. And hopefully I'm not breaking site rules by gauging interest.

Thanks.

01 F250 6 speed reg. cab long bed, 6637, 4in. exhuast, Autometer EGT Boost Diff, 08 diff cover., Centrix Rotors, Hawk pads, 2in. level, 35s, South bend clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Gone Broke

Re: Ts Chip mount

sounds kinda cool.. Got any pics or ablue-print of what it might look like??

08 F-350 CC SB King Ranch 4x4
H&S Black Maxx 300 tune, Unlimited Intake, 6" Exhaust, Fuel Nutz wrapped with 295 Trail Grappler's
2000 F350 6spd Powerstroke For Sale!

UNLIMITED DIESEL PERFORMANCE
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

No not yet, I wanna see if people are interested before I'll draw it up. Btw any questions feel free to call me at 443 243 6891 names Jared.

01 F250 6 speed reg. cab long bed, 6637, 4in. exhuast, Autometer EGT Boost Diff, 08 diff cover., Centrix Rotors, Hawk pads, 2in. level, 35s, South bend clutch

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Village Idiot

Laser cut letters lil piece of platic and an led for a higher end model,
Or mabey just a hooded led or something to see the switch at night.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I like the light idea

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 04:13 PM
PSN Veteran

another member had already talked about doing this, also if your gonna sell them in mass amounts then you would have to become a site sponsor. kinda un fair to the other site sponsors who pay to be a vendor on this site and you arent paying.

02 f250
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
another member had already talked about doing this, also if your gonna sell them in mass amounts then you would have to become a site sponsor. kinda un fair to the other site sponsors who pay to be a vendor on this site and you arent paying.
If the idea becomes a reality then I'd be more then willing to pay or work through an existing vendor...

Farmboy posted something similar but said he wouldn't be able to mass produce.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:17 PM
MINK

i would love to have one...

Josh Mink
CAMB MOTORSPORTS
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
PSN Veteran

I would need to see a pic....

Quote:
I'm pretty sure farm boy posted a plate like this
where?

-Shawn Collister #16

-2002 F250 Crew/4x4/Auto- 4" Magnaflow, AIS, Vegistroke, ScanGauge, AC's tuned by Swamps

-2003 F450 Crew/4x4/Auto- 4" exhaust, Alcoas, Air ride, AIS, Garrett 38R, X-monitor
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:55 PM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

I'd like to have a mount similair to the older DP tuner F5? mount, where it puts the switch next to one of the gauges by having a ring that is around the gauge.

THIS

I've had my switch wedged between the top of the dash and the bottom gauge in my A-pillar pod for so long I don't want to put it anywhere else.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode