dusted wheel....spring upgrade option... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
The Oracle

Send a message via AIM to BigRed97
dusted wheel....spring upgrade option...

well had the duct off the turbo tuesday to throw in a reman injector(thanks Dave, the core is on its way back!!) and saw that the comp wheel is severly dusted!

so that means a bigger turbo come spring...being an e99 i have to change everything anyway....so my options(the only 2 ways i want to go) are as follows

38r with up pipes and headers from DI (this is the way i'm leaning)

h2e setup,with DI headers, modded or un modded?

the future plans for the truck will be modest hybrids(238-250cc) with all supporting mods.

the truck is a DD that tows a few times a year

any reason to go with the h2e over 38r? prob end up being close on cost by the time its done

CCLB with some stuff done .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: dusted wheel....spring upgrade option...

Don't waste your money on stock mount turbo stuff.

H2E for now and you have all the options to go bigger if needed. I love the way my stock H2E tows.

I wouldn't waste money on headers unless you are looking for HUGE power. And 250's aint huge power.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Village Idiot

def go with the h2e..way less back pressure the nthe 38 will have if your up or over 500.

i bet 50% of the people buy the headers just for sound, they should lower egts a bit too. but other upgrades will do more...i'd go with bigger oil,or a fluid damper before that.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
The Oracle

hmmm not the responses i expected but dually noted!

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 04:38 AM
<< wasted fuel >>

there are alot more options with the h2e style setups but the 38r is a good turbo but with all the stock pipes, pedistol etc.

On the hunt for another truck....
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehauler View Post
H2E for now and you have all the options to go bigger if needed. I love the way my stock H2E tows.what about turbo response, when not towing?

I wouldn't waste money on headers unless you are looking for HUGE power. And 250's aint huge power.you dont think they'll help with anything? i thought i have heard they help with turbo response?
Quote:
Originally Posted by southmike View Post
def go with the h2e..way less back pressure the nthe 38 will have if your up or over 500.

i bet 50% of the people buy the headers just for sound, they should lower egts a bit too. but other upgrades will do more...i'd go with bigger oil,or a fluid damper before that.An Adrenaline pump is in the works right now
so the general consensus is that the h2e is a better choice for a daily drivier/ occasional tower and will be better fitted to small hybrids?

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 PM
PSN Veteran

Yep! PM me if I can get you a price on all..

Cary

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 09:51 PM
PSN Veteran

The 38R WILL spool faster than an H2E.
I don't have any problem with the spool up of my H2E. Of course I just had a stock OBS turbo before and they don't spool quite as quick as the SD's do. The H2E seems quicker than a stock OBS turbo to me.

If you never plan to go bigger on injectors and don't mind the extra cost (bellowed up pipes, non-ebpv pedestal) the 38R would do fine.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM
<< wasted fuel >>

what size hybirds you plan on running?

On the hunt for another truck....
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
The Oracle

small.... 250's max

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode