IDM relocation? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Thug

IDM relocation?

Anyone ever do this? I swear if I ever meet the engineer that stuffed it up under the fender well I am going to slap him.

99 F250 4x4 SC SB Eats 6.0's

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
I'm not saying the 7.3 is god's gift to diesel either. But atleast when a CPS goes out you can change it on the side of the road. I don't know about you but I'm running out of places in my glove box to store injectors, head studs, new heads, up pipes, fuel pumps, ficms, and a lift to remove the cab.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM
HRT Performance

Re: IDM relocation?

I relocated it to a '79 body!

Seriously though - I do agree that it is in a stupid place. I don't think there is enough wire there to move it anywhere else without either cutting and splicing in wires to extend the harness or build a jumper harness to extend the connection point. For some reason I am pretty sure Charles found the correct connectors for both the male and female sides of that plug that would make building a harness possible. In fact I have been meaning to get a hold of him to see if he still has the PNs so I can start work on the new harness for the '79.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Thug

I was thinking of the jumper idea and a harness from a wrecking yard would give you the wire and one connector, however it looks like if you pulled the harness back through the fender and maybe moved a couple things a bit it could be mounted in a vertical position. I'm going to look at this some more today. I've had to R&R mine twice now and the fender lip and fender well flap are starting to suffer a it.

99 F250 4x4 SC SB Eats 6.0's

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
I'm not saying the 7.3 is god's gift to diesel either. But atleast when a CPS goes out you can change it on the side of the road. I don't know about you but I'm running out of places in my glove box to store injectors, head studs, new heads, up pipes, fuel pumps, ficms, and a lift to remove the cab.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 PM
PSN Local

Has anyone tried to weatherproof the idm any better instead of relocating it? Seems like this is becoming a common problem. I am going to look this weekend when I replace mine.

Cheers
JP5

00 F350 CC LB 4x4 auto. Nitto Terra 285 75 r16 E, Dynatrac free spin hubs, ccv, rancho stabilizer, centramatics, upgraded GPR, DB starter, 2.0 ga pos cable, matching 5th rim, 6637, 4" SS magnaflow, CPR, Scan Gauge, Mag Hytech.

USN VBSS, Burn sink or take a-prize.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 10:59 PM
All done now

I wonder if there is enough room to mount it inside the cab somewhere like the PCM is.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Well Hung Member

why? you have to take yours out that often? didnt take me very long to drop my inner fender and take care of business,

Donnie
2001- just the basics

2005 6.0 Studded, Deleted, 58v Swamps/PHP tuned Ficm, SOLD
99.5 hybrids, termy modded 17*, GT4294 TOTALED

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode