Anybody have an audio or vid clip of the 38r with AIS filter? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Anybody have an audio or vid clip of the 38r with AIS filter?

Just thinking ahead and wondering how loud this turbo can be. My truck runs pretty quiet and I sort of want to keep it that way.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 04:33 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Anybody have an audio or vid clip of the 38r with AIS filter?

I put the diesel power sleeve in the fender with my AIS and even so with more than about 26psi it will pull the minder. If you are making more boost than that better go with another intake.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 AM
PSN Veteran

How about a stock 6 liter intake..... flows good enough for 500HP. I'm putting one on my daily driver once my other projects get done around here.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 05:08 AM
PSN Veteran

I don't know much about the 6.0's only that the 4 I have in my fleet of work trucks have been junk since new. Nothing but trouble.

1-04
2-05's
1-06

All have had a multitude of issues. I'm really sorry I bought them.
On the intake I can't offer any comment.

Glen
early99 f350 cc, lb, 2wd, drw, A pillar autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete diamondeye exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jw vb, Swamps ab inj, Adrenaline oil, Coolingmist, 180*T, Trucool cooler, spin on trans filter, Firestone air bags, 2" frt leveling kit, now chased by a 34' toyhauler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt View Post
I don't know much about the 6.0's only that the 4 I have in my fleet of work trucks have been junk since new. Nothing but trouble.

1-04
2-05's
1-06

All have had a multitude of issues. I'm really sorry I bought them.
On the intake I can't offer any comment.
Speaking of the actual motor it self. There is a reason they are called a 6 leaker. Sorry you got stuck with bad ones. I guess if new you immediate do head studs. rip off all the egr, cat and other emissions crap they are a very different engine as reliability goes. They are the worst black eye ford trucks have ever gotten IMO. 6.4 was huge improvement but to get any kind of mpg you again have to rip some of the emission crap out. But power holy crap does it have that with only very basic mods. But for the hottest tunes I think they need to stud the heads. This newest engine better be the home run it appears to be. Especial at what these truck are MSRP at $$$$$$.

Back on subject I had never thought ot slapping on a 6.0 intake to a 7.3 before. Don't know why just never thought about it I guess. The standard DIY with the AFE version of the 6637 give me more flow than anything else out there by almost 2x
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

This isnt an AIS Filter but here is some audio. This is with my 6637 filter.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Travelin PhotoG

Send a message via AIM to Lonald Send a message via Yahoo to Lonald

all I saw was the airbag light...

lol

sounds good though! I really want a 38R now

99.5 F-350 CC Dually, 4x4 6 spd, 08' Mirrors, GearHead Tuning, AFE Stage II, Garret 38R, 4" Exhuast, some gauges, Ranch Hands / 2007 Forest River Work N Play 34' fifth wheel
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 02:15 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

airbag light is still on. I'm not to worried about it

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 AM
PSN Veteran

The 38R is just slightly louder with the AIS vs. stock intake.....not much at all....I actually think it sounds perfect.

My 250 has a stock turbo with a S&B and it drives me crazy....

-Shawn Collister #16

-2002 F250 Crew/4x4/Auto- 4" Magnaflow, AIS, Vegistroke, ScanGauge, AC's tuned by Swamps

-2003 F450 Crew/4x4/Auto- 4" exhaust, Alcoas, Air ride, AIS, Garrett 38R, X-monitor
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Travelin PhotoG

Send a message via AIM to Lonald Send a message via Yahoo to Lonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa450 View Post
The 38R is just slightly louder with the AIS vs. stock intake.....not much at all....I actually think it sounds perfect.

My 250 has a stock turbo with a S&B and it drives me crazy....
Why? I love the sounds of a turbo!!

99.5 F-350 CC Dually, 4x4 6 spd, 08' Mirrors, GearHead Tuning, AFE Stage II, Garret 38R, 4" Exhuast, some gauges, Ranch Hands / 2007 Forest River Work N Play 34' fifth wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode