Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I need a tight one

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  farm boy 
#1 ·
I have a van turbo with a 1.15 ex housing on it and I want to get a 1.0. I have big tires and am wayyy under the turbo @ cruising speed. Any Ideas?

#5 ·
What are your EGT's at say 70mph and what are your RPM's at 70mph?

#15 ·
Update ... I had a stock SD turbo laying around so with the help of RedSmokey I put together another turbo with a smaller housing to test things out.

ATS Housing,WW and a 1.0 exhaust housing (RedSmokeys) and bolted it all together one morning and in 2 hours I was going again.

I had tested the day before with the cruise set @ 60MPH I was running 3 lbs if boost and 800 deg on a flat strech of road. After the change I went up to 4 lbs of boost and dropped to 675 deg ! I was shocked that it dropped that much. It is better to drive with no Lag but I only have the wastegate set @ 25 so it flatens out up top. I will be fixing that !

In a few days I'll have better mileage I'm shure. Oh according to my sisters I-Phone 60 MPH in my truck is 72 MPH :doh:

Good call Matt

#14 ·
I got it figured out what I need to do, I'm gonnt use a 1.0 ex housing on a stock superduty turbo and see how that works til I can get a 38r.

Thanks to Matt @ Gearhead and Bean's for helping me. :ford:

#18 ·
Were you running that turbo set-up with the hybrids? I towed with it yesterday and its pretty sweet. I like it better than the Van turbo for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.