duel fuel filters/pumps - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Ramond is a ritard

duel fuel filters/pumps

My version of my dual filter/pump setup. Correct me if I am wrong. I'm going to start with the ITP 5/8" Fuel Tank Pickup, then I'm going to run a 5/8 fuel line to my filter base with a fuel water sep filter then I'm going to run 5/8 line to an Y which will run 5/8 line into dual super duty pumps and then 5/8 line back to another Y back down to a filter base with an fuel filter on it and from there it will run 5/8 line to a Y and into each fuel rail. I will then buy the ITP diesel fuel bowl delete and regulated return kit. I will probably end up getting all my hose and fittings at napa or someplace similar. Any suggestions on what hose?

ITP 5/8 Fuel Tank Pickup
ITP 7.3L Regulated Return Kit

From fleetfilter.com
24770 filter base x2

From fleetgaurd.com
fs1000 fuel water sep
ff5320 fuel filter

ebpv delete, 4" down pipe, 6" single stack, dp tuner, edge evo for gauges, 6637 intake, exhuast and ebpv delete done by me. pacemaker\defib with high performance tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: duel fuel filters/pumps

For your water fuel sep filter base use a dual in and out base. You can the plug one of the in ports but use the two out ports to go to the two pumps rather than going to a y fitting. Then after the pumps do the same but in reverse with the second filter base. Two in from the pumps and plug one out. The plugs are included with the base BTW. Why buy the kit when you are already doing so much of the work. All you have left is remove the bowl and install the two fuel lines into the front fuel ports and then hose to the rear ports into the regulator as well as the factory return line. You actually are going to be doing all that work anyways with the kit. Other than hose and fittings you only need the regulator to do it. On your two pumps its a good idea to have check valves in each of the lines that come out of the pumps so as to prevent a loop back should one happen to fail. Also consider that once you go from a single 5/8s going to two will not give you any more flow as you are limited by the single 5/8s from the tank.

AS for the fittings going into the filter bases and back out look at this one by Marty that is what I am spekaing of. Instead of using Y fittings use dual in/out filter bases.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 AM
PSN Veteran

IMO you will always want to be able to suck more from the tank than you would ever need on the pressure side of the pumps. So going smaller like above on the dual lines after the pumps would not be a hindrance. Well it would a very small amount as 2 3/8 and fittings can technically not flow quite as much as a single 5/8, as I think Charles pointed out in a thread somewhere, but still plenty for almost any use.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Ramond is a ritard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
For your water fuel sep filter base use a dual in and out base. You can the plug one of the in ports but use the two out ports to go to the two pumps rather than going to a y fitting. Then after the pumps do the same but in reverse with the second filter base. Two in from the pumps and plug one out. The plugs are included with the base BTW. Why buy the kit when you are already doing so much of the work. All you have left is remove the bowl and install the two fuel lines into the front fuel ports and then hose to the rear ports into the regulator as well as the factory return line. You actually are going to be doing all that work anyways with the kit. Other than hose and fittings you only need the regulator to do it. On your two pumps its a good idea to have check valves in each of the lines that come out of the pumps so as to prevent a loop back should one happen to fail. Also consider that once you go from a single 5/8s going to two will not give you any more flow as you are limited by the single 5/8s from the tank.

AS for the fittings going into the filter bases and back out look at this one by Marty that is what I am spekaing of. Instead of using Y fittings use dual in/out filter bases.

where would i find an dual in and out filter head?

ebpv delete, 4" down pipe, 6" single stack, dp tuner, edge evo for gauges, 6637 intake, exhuast and ebpv delete done by me. pacemaker\defib with high performance tune.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:08 AM
HHAUL'N STROKER

Looks to me like if your buying a fuel y then you dont neet the bowl delete. If you buy all you fittings for the heads all youll need is a regulator. so you dont need the rr kit if you can peice it together yourself.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Ramond is a ritard

Wix 24764 & Napa 4764 Base off from fleetfilter.com nevermind.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 08:38 AM
PSN Veteran

When you pick your bases just make sure the threading is what you want for the filters you plan to use. The ones I am going with are 4770 /24770 with 1-14 threads. The ones you listed are a finer threading of 3/4-16. No issue as long as you get your filters accordingly
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Village Idiot

so your running 5/8 fuel lines everywhere ..that is alot of fuel.
what kind of injectors you running /planning

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Busy Busy

5/8" lines will never work with stock superduty pumps.

Is there a reason you want to run dual stock pumps? Redundancy, backup, etc...??

You have a crewcab short bed, you don't have a WHOLE lot of room to work with.... just a little fyi from someone who has done quite a few setups....

443.553.9234 - 410.392.3262

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elkton, Maryland

2001 F250 Platinum - 11.62 @ 115.76 on Nitrous
2007 F250 - 10.916 @ 122.86 on Fuel
2005 F450 - Tow Bitch
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
5/8" lines will never work with stock superduty pumps.

Is there a reason you want to run dual stock pumps? Redundancy, backup, etc...??

You have a crewcab short bed, you don't have a WHOLE lot of room to work with.... just a little fyi from someone who has done quite a few setups....
Marty, what are you running now?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode