stage 2s and a stock sd turbo - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
smokin stroker

stage 2s and a stock sd turbo

I have a brand new engine in my 95 I put a intercooler on and a sd turbo while it was out I want to run stage 2 diy injectors and a addrenalin e hpop but I dont know if the sd turbo can take it what do you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: stage 2s and a stock sd turbo

I dont think it will hold to long if you go running it hard. If you got a SD turbo on there now why not just go ahead and get the 38r?

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Pulling sled for hire

Good tunes that don't dump a ton of fuel into the engine at low RPMs will help, but it's still a matter of time if you use the power at all.

Justin

'97 F-250 - 255k
463 hp - 7-9-09
BDP/Casserly Stage 2's, Mod H2E, Stealth Stage 2, BDP fuel system, Comp 910s, 7.3 ic, live tuned by Jonathan @ BDP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerFly View Post
Good tunes that don't dump a ton of fuel into the engine at low RPMs will help, but it's still a matter of time if you use the power at all.
Mine didnt last 4,000 miles and I was easy on it. Then i ran it one time after I got the boost fooler and it was done lol

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

If the turbo is in good shape and you have good tunes you should be ok for a while. I would say go for a 38r since you already have the SD stuff.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Death Row Inmate #7

the stock SD turbos aren't even too great for running with a chip and stock injectors. LoL. the start surging real bad and everything.. just not something i like, but you could put in an OBS compressor wheel and see if that helps it. my buddys stock E99 turbo held for about 4 months with his DIY stage 2's then we pulled it and the thrust bearing was almost worn all the way through and the compressor wheel was hitting the housing. when we put the stage 2's in the truck that turbo was all but brand new. it was in perfect shape with no knicks in the wheel and NO shaft play. LoL. it didn't last long at all.

Travis
1995 F-250 SC 2wd zf-5
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
PSN Veteran

Key to making them last is putting a 1.0 exhaust housing and you can use a wheel or a anti surge housing on them. keeping the boost in check any they will last a while. Beans does it all the time and its a nice combo for the $. IMO

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Beans Diesel Performance
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Dead Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX370r View Post
Key to making them last is putting a 1.0 exhaust housing and you can use a wheel or a anti surge housing on them. keeping the boost in check any they will last a while. Beans does it all the time and its a nice combo for the $. IMO
20,000+ on mine as setup as above along with a wheel and ATS housing. Run it 8 to 10 hours a shot towing. Freeway speed and in town driving. Tunes are consertive at 371/730ftlbs. Good mileage too. Stock 17* hpop.

2001 F350 7.3 SD EC LB 4X4 Handshaker, Water/Meth Injection, GQSSB W/Carson Stauffer mount, Swamps 250/200 injectors, TE Duals, Fuelab/Sump, Spearco, FS 2500, Fluid Dampner, ARP head/Main studs, Sinister R/R, Detroit locker out back, etc.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Buffalo Diesel

What kind of PSI are you guys running the stock turbo to? I must have hit almost 40 today... gauge swung to 35 so quick I couldn't get out of it before it was pegged. Getting my new tunes tomorrow.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:18 AM
PSN Veteran

Bean told me no reason to push it over 30 cause its pretty much out of the map there.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Beans Diesel Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode